HALLS OF BURY

Hi,

Not really relevant to the original post but the Halls truck in the pic above used to be driven by my dad Alan Aspinall. He drove for Halls from1966 to the early seventies. He is always talking about his days at Halls and all the drivers. I believe Terry Mason was also at Halls during that time.If anyone wants to get in touch with Alan give us a shout.

All the best everyone
Martyn

Worked for David in the early seventies, remember, Malc Farron, John Hall, Ken Smith, Duggie Allen, John Dell, Ray Hay, Brian Hill, what i’m after is some photo’s of the Atki Borderers, units and coupled upto trailers empty or loaded. I know it’s a long shot but i’m after doing a code three model. Thanks PHIL STEVENSON.

DAF3600:
Worked for David in the early seventies, remember, Malc Farron, John Hall, Ken Smith, Duggie Allen, John Dell, Ray Hay, Brian Hill, what i’m after is some photo’s of the Atki Borderers, units and coupled upto trailers empty or loaded. I know it’s a long shot but i’m after doing a code three model. Thanks PHIL STEVENSON.

dafdave

You arnt the same phil who worked for kenny harvey at little lever are you?

The very same Bilko. It was a choice of me getting poorer and him getting richer. Fatty was the biggest one armed bandit in Lancs. I remember him in the office straight back from holiday and boy did he have some saying he would like to give us a payrise but couldn’t afford it. 16 hour day for £30 less tax and stamp less than £2 an hour and him wearing a £7000 rolex. I could go on but i allready have a bad taste in my mouth.

My pappy Bill Heap drove for David Hall in the 50s when they where choclate brown upper half of cab red lower half and cream band round the middle seperating brown and red he had an octopus of the square steel cab type my memory might be jaded by now but I think they had a place in the mill facing the monument in the centre of Walshaw I was with him when he reversed into the left hand roller shuttered opening into the mill to get repairs done I’de be about 5 or 6 at the time…

I am fairly certain but I’am sure that Halls had change over arrangement with Bryce of Juniper Green nr Edinburgh .

Lawrence Dunbar:

Looks like a very but very hard worked motor , I wonder how durable the Commer was ?.