Half decent sat navs

Hey guys as post says. Anybody know of any reasonable price sat navs? Cheers guys :smiley: :smiley:

Hey ive recently bought the tom tom pro 5150 truck, it cost 300 but its worth it, allows you to type in all vehicles weights height and width, cracking piece of kit

Thanks twinny mate for ur advice il check it out mate :smiley:

No worries im new to trucking im only 24 so im finding it really good,

I use a map & an old car sat nav

But you have the best sat nav with you the mark 1 eye ball

Remember that sat nav only an aid as is an electronic map plan your journey well read the road sings as well if in doubt get out & look I have done so on several occasions dont be afraid seen many driver do this

Yeah your true, a sat nav is just an aid, cant rely on them 100%, if you dont think your going to fit somewhere as you said get out and walk and take a look

Thanks for info guys. Im 32 and just passed my c+e 4 weeks ago. Just wanting to know half decents ones. No work as yet but handing cv.s out today as we speak. No experince but sure dont ask dont get :smiley:

Exactly mate, sign up to some agencies get the ball rolling, thats how im gaining experience, you cant gain hours and experience unless your actually out driving lol

Are u out driving now twinny? Take it you got a start?

Im just doing agency work mate, had quite a few 7.5 tonne, about a dozen class 2 and about 5 class 1 runs atm. Agency is best bet for new drivers, I only passed my class 1 on 7-2-14 see

Very good mate. You got started quick enough then twinny after the pass. How you finding the tacographs? Where you nervous bout useing them at start? Wee bit shakeing about them myself :laughing:

I use a tomtom xl car sat nav gets me where I need to, no point me buying a truck 1 as we have to use bus lanes weight limits bus stations etc to get to the service yard sometimes.
As Animal said best things to use are feet and eyes if your unsure of anything, you dont fill an accident form in for looking and asking you might if you dont.

I was really nervous about using my tacho first, I even drove about 2 miles on my first drive and remembered I hadn’t put my card in lol, I took a tacho course mate, counted towards my next cpc aswell that was a beneficial course

I bought a Navman with truck mode. Had to add it on for £60 or so, brilliant with most limits, only problem I used to have on my old Surrey run, regardless of what I was driving, because there were no actual limits stated, it’d try to send me down all manner of "Not suitable for HGV roads/lanes/tracks

Thats my biggest worry lol, as im a new drivery geographical knowledge is limited, I hope my sat nav never sends me down a stupid street lol, but if iin doubt just get out,

twinny2k12:
Thats my biggest worry lol, as im a new drivery geographical knowledge is limited, I hope my sat nav never sends me down a stupid street lol, but if iin doubt just get out,

A good atlas will get you from town to town easily enough and a sat nav for the fiddly bits in towns, google maps take some beating if you get time Google the address before you set off gives you an idea of whats what invaluable when your in town if you know what to look out for.
As for geographical knowledge it will come more places you go easier it will be

Google is a far better satnav for me, would be perfect if you could upgrade to a HGV version

I took tacograph course on sunday passed there twinny. Know most of it. On making daily rest up. Suppose ya get use to it as you go along :smiley:

Thanks for the advice day trunker much appreciated :slight_smile:… yeah mate everything will come with time and experience, Rome wasn’t built in a day :slight_smile:

True mate :laughing: