Had to Smile

So Im being loaded on a bay through the backdoors on a curtain sider. The loadie is using on of those ride on electric pallet trucks. I open my curtains so I can start fitting the internal straps as he loads and also to see exactly whats being loaded. After about five mins an H&S man rushes over.

"Drive Drive. You cant open your curtains whilst he loads you. He might fall off the side of your truck. :confused: "

These of course are the same curtains that according to VOSA provide no support for your load and should be considered as weather protection only… :unamused:

Its more likely to save you from eating the pallet trucks front forks.

You really think an office bound clown will know anything about trailers, straps, load security or VOSA?

A.

I’m no being funny but that is a really dolly thing to be doing. No wonder drivers get locked up in cupboards till they get loaded.

Radar19 is correct is more to do with you sticking your head in and getting cracked by a heavy piece of machinery.

So thanks to you that will be another depot you won’t be allowed to sit in the cab :confused:

Forkie could screw round and you find the side of his fork connecting with your ear in a rather unfortunate manner.

Secretelephant:
"Drive Drive. You cant open your curtains whilst he loads you. He might fall off the side of your truck. :confused: "

Socketset:
Forkie could screw round and you find the side of his fork connecting with your ear in a rather unfortunate manner.

Doesn’t this show the problems with a lot of these health and safety rules?
There is a rule and there is probably a good reason for it, but the Health and Safety bod tasked with ensuring the policy is carried out doesn’t know the correct reason for it, so makes something up, which to the person being told sound ridiculous. Result Health and Safety credibility is lost.

muckles:

Secretelephant:

Socketset:

Doesn’t this show the problems with a lot of these health and safety rules?
There is a rule and there is probably a good reason for it, but the Health and Safety bod tasked with ensuring the policy is carried out doesn’t know the correct reason for it, so makes something up, which to the person being told sound ridiculous. Result Health and Safety credibility is lost.

well said, if everyone was educated properly on what can go wrong there would be no need in the H&S bs

Dozy could tell them “no it’s OK for me to poke my head in, I carry around this new fire extinguisher for my own safety”

James the cat:
Dozy could tell them “no it’s OK for me to poke my head in, I carry around this new fire extinguisher for my own safety”

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: love tnuk ffs