Had the Medical any one know how long it takes

…to get your license renewal back

Well folks after much sound advice from you lot… I booked my medical with a firm off here…so off I go to sunny Sheffield

being not quite the athlete i was when i was 25 i was just a tad nervous …but no probs pee in a bottle touch your toes…has your granny had piles etc etc and looks like i am ok to carry on .

does anyone know how much it is to renew license …i still have the old paper type and do i have to get someone sane to sign it… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

It usually takes about a week. When the doctor has given you the forms back study what he has written. If you don`t like it go to another doctor with a blank form. A little while back I went to my GP & cheerfully sent the form to Swansea. It took 3 months to get the licence back after many phone calls. He had written in the notes that I had Renal Failure, which basically means you are dead.DVLA doctors took some convincing that there was some mishtake.

No charge for the licence as it is a medical renewal. You will need someone to sign the photograph, unless you send a full, valid passport with your application. If you don’t want to send your passport through the post you can use the premium service at the Post Office where they will check your documents, they charge £4 for this.

Thanks for that Coffee

will sort it Monday :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
No charge for the licence as it is a medical renewal. You will need someone to sign the photograph, unless you send a full, valid passport with your application. If you don’t want to send your passport through the post you can use the premium service at the Post Office where they will check your documents, they charge £4 for this.

I don’t know if they do it for driving licenses, but for digital tacho cards, then as long as you’ve got a digital passport, you can just sign the relevant bit of the form and they’ll check your photo directly with the Passport Agency - no need to send the passport off at all.

MrFlibble:
I don’t know if they do it for driving licenses, but for digital tacho cards, then as long as you’ve got a digital passport, you can just sign the relevant bit of the form and they’ll check your photo directly with the Passport Agency - no need to send the passport off at all.

Info direct from the horses mouth