Had first ever assessment, what to expect

Passed my CE in Feb and Finally landed an assessment with company, all went well enough apart from reverse exercise (had to shunt it 3 times).

Went to managers talk and spent an hour answering all type of questions and chatting about their specific operations.

It all seemed fine, but here I’m suspicious a bit about it takes a company 2-3days to decide if candidate is successful…

Is that sentence a polite fob off or I should just wait, mind you I’ve been promised to be given an offer the next day once transport manager caught up with his work and duties?

Its painful to wait, but I set up another assessment with different company…dont want to take chances of waiting too long about.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Assuming there are more candidates than available vacancies, a couple of days while the relevant manager(s) make their decision(s) seems about par for the course for a big operator.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
Assuming there are more candidates than available vacancies, a couple of days while the relevant manager(s) make their decision(s) seems about par for the course for a big operator.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

More like wait to see the rest of the applicants, then pick the one with the most experience (assuming a clean record and all)

I was a bit suspicious why my interviewer kept coming back to the question do you really want to work for us… I don’t have much experience in cargo transport so found it a bit strange.

Explained that I was happy with company pay structure and the fact that I will be given a chance.

Its a paycut to my current role but one must start somewhere.

It’s pretty common to say I’ll ring you in a few days. I’ve had someone apply for a job and In the driving seat in less than 18 hours. I’ve also known it take a week just to ring back due to circumstances way beyond my control.

But put simply, my full time job isn’t hiring people, it’s running an transport operation. So I need to do my job as well as possibly interview a few other people. This will be the case for most businesses. I’ve had it before where someone rang and started pestering us for a decision, he didn’t get the job.

New drivers need director authorisation at my place before I start them as it costs to train someone for a week or two rather than them simply getting a couple of days familiarisation for experienced drivers.

Don’t sweat it, they will ring when they can. Give it a few days and if you don’t hear anything, give them a ring.

Nothing to stop you going for another interview/assessment whilst you wait. You don’t get extra points waiting for one firm to ring you back.

Trucktruck86 guess you’re right with your reply.

Covid and future 2nd wave may scare companies or alter their strategies with investment into future staff.

Will take and learn few points from that given assessment / interview and apply know-how in my future.

Will see how things turn out.

Will take that as a free ride in shiny truck +5 min reversing exercise after long break.