had enough now

not going to drive for agencies anymore,reason why is as follows
have been working for an agency and only get all the crap work,the last few weeks the job has been
going to nursing homes and picking up bags of adult nappies and other waste out of bins,the stench is horrondous,having to reach into bins to grab bags of human waste and most of the bags are ripped,then having to throw bags into back of wagon then off to landfill and maually throw bags onto landfill site
so i asked agency why i get such bad work,there reply was a lot of companies will not employ heavilly
tattooed people,i admit i have extensive tattoos on arms on hands but surely people should look beyound
them,anyway think im going to sign on

mister-t:
have been working for an agency and only get all the crap work,the last few weeks the job has been
going to nursing homes and picking up bags of adult nappies and other waste out of bins,the stench is horrondous,having to reach into bins to grab bags of human waste and most of the bags are ripped,then having to throw bags into back of wagon then off to landfill and maually throw bags onto landfill site
so i asked agency why i get such bad work,there reply was a lot of companies will not employ heavilly
tattooed people,i admit i have extensive tattoos on arms on hands but surely people should look beyound

Sounds like i`m gonna be jobless for alot longer then m8!!! My whole right arm is inked up, not as much as you by the sounds of it but still!.. It wont stop me getting more either! :smiling_imp:

It really gets on my T!T$ when firms wont employ you because you have a liking for tattoos… they could atleast turn a blind eye and say “do us a favour, when you get out of your wagon, just stick a jumper on”. :wink:
Tattoos have in no way, any effects on the way you do your job! Most places are all too PC nowadays and think your a thug, just for having some ink on your body!
IT ■■■■■!!!

P.S. if an agency sent me to a job that involved transporting [zb] nappies all day, They can stick their job! :grimacing: I have 2 kids aged around 1years and their nappies are worse than any geriatric!!! :open_mouth: :smiley:

That sounds harsh mate. There was a thing on the radio about the whole tattoos/employment thing the other day. Don’t have any tats myself but I’ve nothing against them, just haven’t bothered. I’ve seen countless lorry drivers with loads of tattoos mate so I wouldn’t worry, that agency sounds like a load of balls. Sign on with another agency perhaps, if you look clean and people can see that you’ve got something about you then surely tattoos shouldn’t be a problem.

Sign on with a bunch more agencies mate, you’ll get it sorted :wink:

Difficult one. If you’re job is “customer facing” then it’s important to present a good image. To some folk (not me) tattoos are an indication of being some sort of thug. Clearly that’s nonsense - but it’s how it is. So I agree that to cover them up is perfectly acceptable. Our own company image is incredibly important to us - - but our longest serving instructor has tattoos. But you’d never know - and that’s what matters. And he’s certainly no thug!!!

It’s no good protesting that people shouldn’t care or make judgements - - that’s just human nature to want to see the worst in everyone. Pity, but that’s how it is.

Don’t tar all agencies with the same brush; if you register with another agency and keep those arms covered - who will know??

Good luck. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I am full of ink all ove my body and ear rings. im no thug nor have i ever been but as a newbie to trucking, i belive if you do your job theres no problem i know some ■■■■ wits think we are trouble ■■? if thats so why are there tattoo shows on discovery, In this day its art and most whom have tats are very well educated.
Apart from me lol .

keep going fella its just a downer job theres 100s better.

Sorry to here that but not all agency are like that as the 1 im on for atm on going contract with DHL in Nissan & some of the other agency have sent drivers with some tatts no I dont have any nor want any & dont like them tbh

But some see you as the face of there comp as you are the 1 they are dealing with all the time if you could just see it from an employers point of view for a min & if you are the boss how would you like your comp to be represented :question:

It is not just you I have in the past had a problem but mine is so very different to yours as they dont think I can do the job being 147 cm 45k approx. & female :unamused:

thats ■■■■■■■■ . ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■ em mate . try putting on a turbin or a burka that all be ok.its a poxy agency not harrods

sounds like a crap job any way don’t worry about it. pardon the pun

some of the agencys i have been to got some right old slappers in so much bleach on there crusts there hair looks likes straw.then you got the chunky cows chomping on mars bars and thinking about lunch.then theres normally some skinny knobhead all spots and hairgel. god like attitudes. na mate crap dow crap work .and there springing up everywhere cheap labour for imigrants thats wot they are

chris_89:
There was a thing on the radio about the whole tattoos/employment thing the other day.

If you’re on about Jeremy Whine on Radio 2, I also heard it.

That woman, who was against tattoo’s was unbelievable!! If you changed the word ‘tattoo’s’ for foreigner, homosexual, disabled or any of the other ‘PC terms’, she’d have been locked-up!!! I also think her argument was shown to be bollox by the quite successful businessman/motivational speaker etc who had got tattoo’s but was doing just fine.

I appreciate the point about company image, but she was just ‘tattooist’, if such a thing exists.

mister-t:

Hello mate,
It sounds crap!!!
Would you do IKEA home furniture delivery in London? I’m with face 2 face agency and in temp-perm cotract with DHL-IKEA in Radlett.
Its a hard physical, but well paid job.(there are a few tattooed guys)
Ask Russel at 07738 641 963 if they have any. - it worth a call - :wink:
Gabor

shut up mate.if you are being paid ■■■■ it in.your choice at the end of the day.where are you based anyway?sounnds like my company -[good money someone has to do it but not me ■■ te he}

hey man…thats a bullcrap excuse for an employer to use…get out of there…im tattoed on both my arms and my boss dosent even care…in fact he asks me where i got them…

There’s a kid on here on for some concert company that’s covered in them, Matt I think he’s called, and he doesn’t seem to have any trouble with them from what I recall. Probably just some shallow agency like others have said. :angry:

i guess at the end of the day, i have 3 very simple requests from an employee…
1, show up for work on time.
2,do the job you were hired to do…
3, be nice…it"s way more difficult to be mad…
thats it…

What a load of bollox, how does a few tattoos make any difference to your ability to do the job?

I don’t have any myself, but a few of my drivers had them, one bloke who did weekends for me had the full monty, a sleeve on each arm, spikes in his lip and a hole in each ear lobe you could get a tennis ball through, he turned up on time, did his job, looked after the lorry and his paperwork was neat and tidy, contast that to some I’ve had working for me who went to work in a freshly ironed white polo shirt, trousers etc, they didn’t last 5 mins as they were late every day, destroyed my lorries and were generally useless, never judge a book by its cover :wink:

well things are certainly looking up,giving up agency work has really been my best decision,gave me more time to concentrate on looking for work,had interview yesterday,thurseday,employer said he would definately phone me back,he kept his word and offerd me full time job starting monday,
its only 3.5tonne driving but thats not a problem,just so happy to have full time employment

You already know the truth mate and it’s a million miles away from what they told you;

Q. “why do I get all the ■■■■ work?”

A. “because you’re one of very few mugs on our books who’ll do it”

I’m the same mate (except the work’s a bit better), you’re not the only one who’s had enough. Accept ■■■■, get ■■■■ - simple as that.