Had an intruder today

Ok so here’s something I never thought would actually happen.

I’ve always been firmly in the camp that “I ain’t paid as a security guard” and beyond ensuring it’s as secure in the trailer as possible, I’m not going to interfere with anyone who wants to take anything out of the back. But here’s what happened.

I was parked in a layby alongside a dual carriageway on my way back to the yard mid afternoon, I’d only stopped to sort my paperwork out and have a quick cup of tea while I got a 15 in. I’d probably been there for a minute and a half when I suddenly see my offside rear trailer door swing open and hear heavy footsteps running down the trailer.
Before I was even conscious of what I’m doing I opened the door and am running back there shouting “Oi” or something along those lines.

If I’m honest I think I was more worried about a flapping barn door catching someones rear mirror in the fast moving traffic, but I get to the back and, for some unknown reason, swing the door shut and lock it, the other one is open so I jump up on the under-run bar and look inside to see 2 teenagers peering down at me. Obviously a bit stunned but giggling like toddlers.

I ask them what on earth they think they were doing to be told “Just having a bit of fun mate”
Luckily I was empty apart from a couple of metal stillages which were strapped down against the headboard.

Apart from the fact the door could have hit traffic, they could have easily knocked themselves out tearing down the trailer, tripping over the straps or whatever.
I told them to get the hell out and don’t be so stupid, at the point they jumped down and ran off laughing.

It wasn’t really until afterwards I thought it could quite have easily been some mentalist after something to nick, armed with some sort of weapon waiting for me at the back doors, so in that vein I was a bit stupid just running round there like an idiot, but genuinely I just ran to get the door before it hit the traffic.
Luckily it was only kids so I just got back in the cab and carried on with my break without thinking too much more about it.

Anyone had anything similar in the past? I’d never even considered it before but will be keeping more of an eye out in future.

Cool story Bro’.

<insert 4chann meme>

should have shut the doors and driven off :laughing: :laughing:

I would of shut both doors and called the police
though this day and age I would of been charged with kidnap/false imprisonment and some human right laws of not giving them food and water whilst detained and they would of got off scott free

When you legged it out of the cab, were the keys still in the ignition? A third person could have easily made off with the whole lot while you were faffing around at the back…

I’d have locked them in the trailer. Simple.

I’d also be doing a few mandatory emergency stops en route. ■■■■■■■■■

Twoninety88:
When you legged it out of the cab, were the keys still in the ignition? A third person could have easily made off with the whole lot while you were faffing around at the back…

Just what I was thinking, ‘Distraction’
Think how much you’ve got in the cab-
I phone, £600, Sat Nav, £300, Bag with all sorts of Goodies in it £■■? & Worst of all ‘SARNIES’ £priceless. LOL.

K5Project:
I would of shut both doors and called the police
though this day and age I would of been charged with kidnap/false imprisonment and some human right laws of not giving them food and water whilst detained and they would of got off scott free

Was parked overnight at The Fox on A1 one night, felt somebody in back of boxvan trailer, if I could have been certain he was on his own I thought about getting out locking him in and opening the doors at Dunkerque, he didn’t even attempt to be quiet and banged about as if he had the right to be in there, so thought he was either full of front, or confident because he was mob handed with a couple of mates, possibly carrying knives. I often wish I had been a bit braver, a one way trip to France might have made the ■■■■■■■ think twice next time.

just as well VOSA wxxxxxs were not passing they might have done you for working while on break[LOL] dont know if other drivers remember one particular sketch by shobba in truck and driver,it showed two coppers standing at the back of a lorry which had been broken into and one said to the other, the robbers will be long gone by now,the drivers still in the cab ■■■■■■■,we can do him for not being in proper control of his lorry,any driver remember that one

Years ago myself and my mate were in stop start traffic at traffic lights with 2 tippers, covers pulled on both and rear hatches open.
Out of no where a fella appears in front of my lorry, just as the lights went green, and jumped into the back of my mates tipper, throught the hatch.
He takes off and as I move to go, the cops come running round the corner. This all happened very quickly, and took me a while to react. Got on the cb and told my mate who said ring the police and keep up close so he can’t get out.

After about 2 minutes we cleared the lights and I actually started to feel sorry for the fella. My mate took off, he braked hard, he swerved, he sped up and every time he stopped I pulled up so close behind him the fella couldn’t get out.
Cops finally met us and turned out he’d been caught shoplifting and had ran. He was fairly shaken after his drive in the back of a dark, tipper with nothing to hold on to. I don’t think we ever laughed as much