Had a bit of a dispute with a fellow driver

Jeysus change a bulb :unamused:
I changed a piston and liner at Haditha in 1984, you modern drivers don,t know you are born.
And two tyre blowouts last week :confused: 1 hour each to change

merc0447:
He refuses to replace bulbs, thus putting in a defect , thus me having to replace the [zb] bulb!!! I’m not sure on the company’s stance on replacing bulbs but i think he suffers from lazy [zb] syndrome.

The world is going pc/health & safety crazy and i hate it . :imp:

hey,at least he puts defects in!most of ours dont even do that,never mind change em! :smiling_imp:
as yr like our depot,policy is driver can change bulbs if he wants to…but not req to,defect and use when repaired.ridiculous i know,but there u go?
i hope for the sake of a good few of em the transport doesnt ever go out to contract…the real world would finish em off! :laughing:

Maybe he can’t change a bulb ?
has anyone asked the question I have known drivers who can’t !

whooshwhoosh:
hey,at least he puts defects in!most of ours dont even do that,never mind change em! :smiling_imp:
as yr like our depot,policy is driver can change bulbs if he wants to…but not req to,defect and use when repaired.ridiculous i know,but there u go?
i hope for the sake of a good few of em the transport doesnt ever go out to contract…the real world would finish em off! :laughing:

that would mean we would have to do a bit of graft whoosh :laughing:

Just to make the point sound a little fairer, I got pulled one night in a coach for having a defective headlamp.

WHAT? I said, I replaced it earlier. I took a look and it was working, but was really high aim.

Apparently, and I didn’t know at the time, it was possible to put them in upside down and dipped was like having main beam on, which is why I got a tug.

if i can do a lightbulb change ill do it, if the company doesnt allow it ill prob still do it tbh, it isnt exactly hard to change a lightbulb

im not afraid to get my hands dirty if i need to lol. though i obv wouldnt stirp an engine down because idont have a clue what im doing

I’m currently on the agency long term at a well known multi international company,and I think nothing of going into the bulb draw,and changing a one if necessary,but some of their own drivers will do a shift with a bulb out,and then either not report it and leave it for the next man,or defect it and then take it to the local agent to have it changed,therby getting an extra hours o/t in!!!

What the ■■■■ is wrong with these morons?

Just change the ■■■■ thing.

Ken.

markgilly:
Maybe he can’t change a bulb ?
has anyone asked the question I have known drivers who can’t !

if you cant change a bulb in a mercedes axor - then hang your head in shame - it is maybe the only good thing about the axor, all the bulbs housings(rear & front & marker) are all fastened in by torx screws - but i changed all the screws to Philips to try and encourage him but still no joy. plus the headlight bulb for a merc is 3 pin so you can’t stick it upside down thankfully :laughing:

auck of late the little things in life have been annoying me - i need to chill out more,its not worth making enemies over :sunglasses:

Quinny:
I’m currently on the agency long term at a well known multi international company,and I think nothing of going into the bulb draw,and changing a one if necessary,but some of their own drivers will do a shift with a bulb out,and then either not report it and leave it for the next man,or defect it and then take it to the local agent to have it changed,therby getting an extra hours o/t in!!!

What the [zb] is wrong with these morons?

Just change the ■■■■ thing.

Ken.

well said :wink:

GOOD TIP

ALDI and LIDL sometimes sell a little tool kit which has pliers torqbits and some bits and pieces about 2 quid small enough for a overnight bag or glove box won’t rebuild an engine but mine has got me out of the [zb] more than once. :bulb:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
Jeysus change a bulb :unamused:
I changed a piston and liner at Haditha in 1984, you modern drivers don,t know you are born.
And two tyre blowouts last week :confused: 1 hour each to change

Hi Klunk
Im sure you could have done the tyre change in 30mins?? You must be hanging it out!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe 30 years ago colin but now nearing 60 and fat it takes longer, as it does with most things nowadays :confused:
I did need help on the unit drive axle, as the volvo wheelbrace is for show only, not use, cost 30 euros in ATS in Nantes (firms visa card)

Like that one Orys

Once I found a flat tyre. Called the TO

• “Which axle is that?”
  • “Rear axle”
  • “There are twin wheels there, aren’t they?”
  • “Yes, there are”.
  • “So what’s the problem, three of them are still OK”.

It shows what we are up against

I,m parking in your area (Glasgow) tonight Orys as im tipping 7 am tomoro, then Glasgow market Monday early, then down to Stranrear to load frozen export load, then home for a wee calf :smiley: yahoo :sunglasses: costa del ■■■■■■■

I,m parking in your area (Glasgow) tonight Orys as im tipping 7 am tomoro, then Glasgow market Monday early, then down to Stranrear to load frozen export load, then home for a wee calf :smiley: yahoo :sunglasses: costa del ■■■■■■■

Shame, I am going to visit my friends tonight. Maybe next time, hopefully?

years ago i was driving for an agency on my 4 days off(of my 4 on 4off)…i went into loads of companies all round birmingham,but settled onto a couple of regular companies,one being a huge parcel outfit where you couldn’t repair anything yourself(but to be honest nothing ever seemed to neeed any repairs).
another was an old fashioned haulage outfit,a big one mind,where everything needed repairing.
one shift,i started in the afternoon,and at about 1am i backed up onto a loaded trailer and plugged in all the lines and heard the fuses pop.
i went in and told the TM who told me what a problem that was,as it was timed and all that.as he’s always been alright with me(although i never had an easy day there,i could see it wasn’t his fault-no-one had an easy day as far as i could see),i walked round the trailer,found a pair of smashed rear top marker lamps,pulled the wires apart and tucked them away,changed the fuses and set off.the TM thanked me at the gate and said did i not mind driving it like that.
no,i said,but someone could do with having a look at the rear door that i had to ratchet strap shut,as i didn’t think the next driver would like it. :open_mouth:
it’s amazing the difference in haulage companies,and the kit they have.

Officially were not allowed to do anything, even top up screen wash :open_mouth: , but I do and will, what I hate is numpties who know a bulb is out and don’t run down to Fraikin or change it themselves leaving someone else to do it, and as were salaried without o/t it really pees me off.

if a bulb goes on my motor i change it, simple. same as i grease my crane, wash the wagon, keep it clean, replace any bits and pieces that need it ( marker boards etc.) I might not be able to replace a head gasket on it or anything else too technical, although i would if i could, but i’m a lorry driver and it’s all part of the job. I don’t ever intend to become a lazy ■■■ steerin’ wheel attendant.