H&S obsessive

Thought I had seen it all but the other day was a first.
A guy not content with looking a big enough helmet by wearing his hi viz while driving, he went for the full package and had his hard hat on as well, complete with chin strap, looked a complete Herbert :unamused: :smiley:
I reckon he was a newbie and somebody on his firm was on a wind up.

What, no ear muffs and safety glasses?

Narh your just winding us all up now… What sort of knob would wear Hi Vis and helmet whilst driving… :open_mouth:

Does he work for the highways…lmao

Was it on a Tata site or running down the motorway?

Hands free missing or packed up, got the phone wedged to his shell like? Good wheeze in some ways but more likely to attract the attention of the last traffic copper in the country.

Radar19:
Was it on a Tata site or running down the motorway?

M6 Southbound Sandbach/Knutsford area, I kid you not.

What’s the problem? I see helmets driving every day. :laughing:

What’s the problem? I see helmets driving every day. :laughing:

So do I …There called every other road user lmao

And a gas mask for London’s LEZ :slight_smile:

Maybe he had a faulty air suspension seat. Where there any dints in the roof panel? :slight_smile:

If it’s hosing down with rain then I prefer the hard hat to a wet head of hair.

ShropsBri:
If it’s hosing down with rain then I prefer the hard hat to a wet head of hair.

What happened to your cab roof? :open_mouth:

The bridge wasn’t as high as I thought!

I see now the geezer was driving.
I really must learn to read but I guess it’s why I drive a wagon.

Was he driving a MAN by any chance, I should wear my hard hat in case my 5 point safety harness fails to hold me in the seat of my super bouncy POS.

I hit the roof once years ago going over some sort of speed bump I didn’t see, badly adjusted air seat to blame…
A hard hat might have saved me a headache :wink:

Many moons ago I had to drive a TK Bedford to the bodyshop for repairs following a minor front end bump. Since the windscreen was missing and there were no safety glasses on site, I borrowed a full-face skid lid to keep the insects out of my eyes.

Haha, I guess I should start taking my hi vis off when I have finished loading/tipping when I get back in the unit and drive!! Must point out though that I never have it done up, unless I am in a H&S obsessive location and somebody tells me to do it up!!! Always seems easier just to keep it on though rather than keep taking it on and off every few hours!!!