H/s measures after accident

a firm i work for have introduced new measures after someone was killed by a truck that was reversing into a shop loading bay.
before the accident,when delivering to a shop that required reversing in from the road,shop staff where to assist in directing traffic/pedestrians etc.
however,they are now not permitted to do this and these runs will now be double manned.if surplus drivers are not available,non driving agency staff are to be used.
this is from a company that have recently announced that they must cut transport costs by 2 million a year and have asked for voluntary redundacies(they got about twice as many as they needed :smiley: )
who the ■■■■ are these people that are running the job,and where the ■■■■ do they get them from :question:
to be fair…i suppose these sanctions have been forced on them by the customer,but it`s like trying to work with one hand tied behind your back :imp:

sound like Wilko’s :slight_smile:

don’t suppose it’s got something to do with an accident in grantham a couple of week ago…

commonrail:
a firm i work for have introduced new measures after someone was killed by a truck that was reversing into a shop loading bay.

It wasn’t a cyclist was it? An army of lookouts wouldn’t stop cyclists getting themselves in danger.

All the lookouts in the world could be waving and hollerin’, cyclists would still ride straight under the wheels.

It’s their right you know?

After the horse has bolted etc?

Sent from my iPhone using my right index finger!