H&s food trans. info please

Hi all.

Could anyone shed any light on what H&S food trans are like to work for. I know where they are based in the uk, I know the wage and the work that they do, but i’d like to hear from anyone who has worked there or knows what their like to work for.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bigfoot:
Hi all.

Could anyone shed any light on what H&S food trans are like to work for. I know where they are based in the uk, I know the wage and the work that they do, but i’d like to hear from anyone who has worked there or knows what their like to work for.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

guy who worked with me left to go work for them about same time as this last year, best job he had ever had he said, but got made redundant in January after only 4 months .Doesn’t think much of them now. :smiley:

guy who worked with me left to go work for them about same time as this last year, best job he had ever had he said, but got made redundant in January after only 4 months .Doesn’t think much of them now. :smiley:

Oh right, lol. Thanks for the reply. Im in two minds about them. As far as I can tell, from their website, their main base is in Holland, although I know where they have a few trucks based over here.

Hopefully some more replies will follow.
Cheers

bigfoot:

Oh right, lol. Thanks for the reply. Im in two minds about them. As far as I can tell, from their website, their main base is in Holland, although I know where they have a few trucks based over here.

Cheers

They have the main bases in Belgium, Holland and Poland plus a few out based lorries in the UK, Purfleet and Manchester I think at the moment. There are very few lorries leave the country accompanied, they will ship a unit over full of fuel and you sent your other one back empty. Occasionally I would see a couple of British drivers over the water but not often.

Must have some English lads on now there was five of them on the train the other day

hanson:
Must have some English lads on now there was five of them on the train the other day

I lost touch with them a bit after Tate and Lyle at Greenwich closed down and is in the process of being demolished. Maybe the job has changed, but I don’t think they had 5 Brits then

They tried to poach me while I was loading in Newark one day, the Sales rep and technical man were trying to take a job off my company and heard me talking about the paperwork and completing the documents. I strung him along a while but never contacted them in Holland.

Oh right.
So they send a unit out complete. Not a fan of cab hopping but suppose if its not all the time i dont mind. Ive seen some of their motors, right hand drive MAN on NL plates and the their UK plated ones, Renault premiums. Havent found any terrible views on them, and they look quite a professional company but just unsure. Then again its always a little daunting changing jobs etc.

Wheel Nut:

bigfoot:

Cheers

They have the main bases in Belgium, Holland and Poland plus a few out based lorries in the UK, Purfleet and Manchester I think at the moment. There are very few lorries leave the country accompanied, they will ship a unit over full of fuel and you sent your other one back empty. Occasionally I would see a couple of British drivers over the water but not often.

How many years ago was this tho?? :unamused:

If your on about HSF then I have a mate who works there and he doesn’t cab hop in fact he takes it home with him on his 45 and banks a good living each week well above the national average…

Go for it,I would,he does 2 Hollands from the uk a week and loves it…

Thetaff2:
How many years ago was this tho?? :unamused:

If your on about HSF then I have a mate who works there and he doesn’t cab hop in fact he takes it home with him on his 45 and banks a good living each week well above the national average…

Go for it,I would,he does 2 Hollands from the uk a week and loves it…

H&S isn’t HSF, I worked there a fair few years back. Done my training on their tankers at their main base in Barneveld for a week, then shipped back to the UK and worked out of Purfleet, staying in the UK. Much like any other job, but I didn’t particularly like having to unload whilst taking my 9 hours off :unamused:

H&S isn’t HSF, I worked there a fair few years back. Done my training on their tankers at their main base in Barneveld for a week, then shipped back to the UK and worked out of Purfleet, staying in the UK. Much like any other job, but I didn’t particularly like having to unload whilst taking my 9 hours off :unamused:

Thanks for your reply.
So they sent you away for your training then, I thought they’d just stick you out with a guy etc. Yea that’s where i’d be working out of, Purfleet. As far as I can tell, all their jobs come through on a computer, so no moaning on phone from office…or am I wrong lol .

Im a bit miffed, I spoke to a guy on the phone from H&S and after a short period he just threw a job offer my way. Having never met face to face or etc, I was a little concered as to why you’d just offer a job to a guy after a phone conversation of about 5 min. As far as im aware theres no main UK base, so I suppose meeting a guy for interview would be a bit awkared if he travels a lot.

How did you go about applying for the position SCOTCHBAZ? Although I appreciate it was a while back.
Do they expect you to tip on rests then?
Cheers