H&M Distribution (Warrington) - questions

Hi guys

Has anyone here work or worked for H&M Distribution (pallets delivery, not the high street shop :wink: ) in Warrington ? I’m a new class 2 pass and been told they might be taking on new drivers. Just wondering what’s the job like, pay etc.

Appreciate all the answers.

Thanks

or any other H&M depot if nobody from Warrington here ?

Hope you take the make-up off before you go to the interview :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They are just down the road from me in Newton Le Willows, and are constantly advertising for drivers.

Mate worked for them for a couple of weeks, said it was one of the worst wagon driving jobs he’s had.

And he’s collected almost as many uniforms as me :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:
They are just down the road from me in Newton Le Willows, and are constantly advertising for drivers.

Mate worked for them for a couple of weeks, said it was one of the worst wagon driving jobs he’s had.

to be honest, I’ve spoke with a couple of guys that come to my current workplace (we use H&M for pallet deliveries) and they said it’s not the best, but not the worst of jobs. But seeing as you’re from my area - maybe you could point me in some directions where to look at for first Class 2 driving job, without going down the agency road ?

sicko691:

eagerbeaver:

to be honest, I’ve spoke with a couple of guys that come to my current workplace (we use H&M for pallet deliveries) and they said it’s not the best, but not the worst of jobs. But seeing as you’re from my area - maybe you could point me in some directions where to look at for first Class 2 driving job, without going down the agency road ?

Very difficult to be honest mate. Getting that first stripe on the arm ban be difficult. There are a few crappy places that you could get a start with (dress smart casual & go knocking on doors).

Try Law Distribution at Haydock, M & S Transport at Appleton, John K Phillips St Helens, Muller (Wiseman’s) Trafford Park, etc…

Isn’t H&M moving in to that massive new warehouse off of JCT 13 on the M1…? All I’m saying is they must be doing alright :smiley:

SouthEastCashew:
Isn’t H&M moving in to that massive new warehouse off of JCT 13 on the M1…? All I’m saying is they must be doing alright :smiley:

There are plenty hauliers doing alright Brother nut.

Doesn’t mean they are a good company or/and paying their drivers properly though :wink:

eagerbeaver:

SouthEastCashew:

There are plenty hauliers doing alright Brother nut.

Doesn’t mean they are a good company or/and paying their drivers properly though :wink:

You are probably right :-')

sicko691:

eagerbeaver:

Any experience is good if you ask me. I passed in March last year and went to an agency. Ive had good and bad placements but i feel better for it all.

The airport caterers take new passes. Look on Indeed.com.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sent you a pm :wink:

scottlayton35:

sicko691:

eagerbeaver:

Any experience is good if you ask me. I passed in March last year and went to an agency. Ive had good and bad placements but i feel better for it all.

The airport caterers take new passes. Look on Indeed.com.

I’m not currently in a rush, as I am still in full time employment. Trying without agencies first, as like all agencies - they can’t guarantee anything and don’t want to end up with not enough hours as I have 2 kids :wink:

I worked for them for 5 weeks they are not good. Nobody goes home til the last pallet has been brought in,one night it was nearly 9 oclock. They take money out of your wages for your uniform, if you leave before 3 months you dont get your money back. Also its flat rate no overtime.So i would give them a miss mate.

GOIN QUOIN:
I worked for them for 5 weeks they are not good. Nobody goes home til the last pallet has been brought in,one night it was nearly 9 oclock. They take money out of your wages for your uniform, if you leave before 3 months you dont get your money back. Also its flat rate no overtime.So i would give them a miss mate.

actually having a driving assesment with them on Friday. i’ve heard some things about them, but I am in need of the experience. Not that bothered about the money at this point. Can always look for something else while I’m there. I’m a new pass, so can’t really afford to be that picky and I don’t want to go the agency route…

SouthEastCashew:

That is H&M the fashion company, is that the same ?

Leave the make up on and try Stobrats…seriously though, you say you’re in full time employment now so why the rush to get on board with a company that people have a VERY low opinion of? It’s a quiet time of year things will pick up come late spring/early summer and in the meantime you can continue to earn a regular wage and search for a better quality employer.

sicko691:
Hi guys

Has anyone here work or worked for H&M Distribution (pallets delivery, not the high street shop :wink: ) in Warrington ? I’m a new class 2 pass and been told they might be taking on new drivers. Just wondering what’s the job like, pay etc.

Thanks

A bit late this one mate. Only just read your post.
Freight first out at preston brook use new passes. General haulage to all parts of the UK.
Does involve nights out.
Puts his drivers through adr and a few of them for class 1.
Hope this helps.

kyoung:

sicko691:
Hi guys

Thanks

Freight first out at preston brook use new passes. General haulage to all parts of the UK.
Does involve nights out.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for that but I can’t do nights out at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

TiredAndEmotional:
Leave the make up on and try Stobrats…seriously though, you say you’re in full time employment now so why the rush to get on board with a company that people have a VERY low opinion of? It’s a quiet time of year things will pick up come late spring/early summer and in the meantime you can continue to earn a regular wage and search for a better quality employer.

Mainly because I can’t stand the job that I’m currently in. Too many changes with a new manager, people leaving already etc. This will get me same wages and the experience that I need to move on somewhere else in the future.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

kyoung:

sicko691:
Hi guys

Thanks

Does involve nights out.
Hope this helps.

And right across from the front gate is another Blue chip company…

Downton’s :laughing: So between the three choices offered (I like to refer to them as the triangle of turd), you’ve got it made!

Please note; Other cack employers are also available :wink: