H.Burroughes & son Ltd Bressingham

Found this site its worth a look for the old pic`s & history
some nice yard & workshop shots

hburroughes.co.uk/index.htm

Strewth, what did they make those drivers out of? Iron? :open_mouth: Never seen such a catalogue of mayhem without a fatality, or did they keep the worst news back?
Interesting site though, but I would have liked to see more of a written history as well. When did they pack up, and why?

have to start googling old transport firms at random n see what comes up?
have to start takin pics meself i think,just to look back n think"ah,thats why me back n knees are ###### :unamused:
top find noel!

Cracking site,have to agree with David makes you wonder how they
walked away from those accidents!

i dont belive anybody could survive those crashes. :open_mouth:

That’s fascinating, I’ll have a closer look tomorrow. Tim Rumbelow must be one of the luckiest (or unluckiest, depending on your viewpoint) guys alive!

That A143 Diss to Bury road is a horrible road even now, especially in winter when it’s covered in mud from the beet campaign. There are reports in the local press almost every week about crashes on it, frequently fatal.

I worked for Bank’s grain at Kennett years ago (late 80s) and they had a couple of old Dodge tractors that used to pull grain bulkers. They had similar stories about a couple of ol’ boys who had massives crashes, the worst one I think was at Barton Mills on the A11, don’t know if that stirs any memories in anyone?

Great site.