Gxo/ xpo Newark

There now advertising so does anyone work there ( curry’s ) , im just after do they still do the 4 hr window on start times they did when it was dhl ,
I’ve done a bit there , can see wage on advert so fine with all that , ta

Still looking for jobs, your never going to be happy, best you go and-live on your JSA
Or better still go to Benidorm

just a heads up if you do apply and get accepted the pre driver training can be awkward ie sit through several training videos etc etc
and a basic 40/50 question drivers hours highway code general knowlage type test BUT the one they dont tell you about is because they have had several bridge strikes over the last year year and a half they have had a knee jerk reaction and includes a bridge stike video and a ten question test which is multiple choice and they EXPECT 100% or its a hard fail which in my opinion is unfair as nobody is perfect there is plus and minus in everything
and any driver worth their salt is not going to plan a route without taking bridge height into consideration even if you get diverted

Well with dozy being an ex-stobarts bridge bashing extraordinaire what could possibly go wrong :laughing:

drover:
Well with dozy being an ex-stobarts bridge bashing extraordinaire what could possibly go wrong :laughing:

Tbf I don’t think doze has rammed a bridge before. :neutral_face:

Notimetoulouse:
a bridge stike video and a ten question test which is multiple choice and they EXPECT 100% or its a hard fail which in my opinion is unfair as nobody is perfect there is plus and minus in everything

I don’t even understand how you couldn’t get 100% for something like that. It’s basic rudimentary stuff to figure out how to drive around and not hit a bridge. Anyone who can’t get 100% on a test for something as simple as that should quite rightly be given their cards.

Conor:

Notimetoulouse:
a bridge stike video and a ten question test which is multiple choice and they EXPECT 100% or its a hard fail which in my opinion is unfair as nobody is perfect there is plus and minus in everything

I don’t even understand how you couldn’t get 100% for something like that. It’s basic rudimentary stuff to figure out how to drive around and not hit a bridge. Anyone who can’t get 100% on a test for something as simple as that should quite rightly be given their cards.

I’ve done that bridge strike thingy, it’s quite easy to not get 100% if for example English isn’t your first language or you aren’t taking notes during the video as some of the questions will be for example “how much precisely does a bridge strike cost per hour?” Or “which telephone number should you call in the event of you striking a bridge?” Or “what is the maximum penalty for hitting a bridge?”.

It’s a GXO policy thing,every site has to do it at some point now,they’re fairly keen on staying the right side of the law,pre check sheets are also looked at to make sure your writing your combined vehicle height in too.
They also don’t like you going over the limiter,57 mph for over 60 seconds will see you get a bollocking too…

robroy:

drover:

Tbf I don’t think doze has rammed a bridge before. :neutral_face:

Maybe so but his inability to be able to read simple info about jsa makes me think he might struggle to pass a bridge bashing exam. However everything he says is a wind up so doesn’t really matter either way :laughing:

the maoster:

Conor:

Notimetoulouse:

I’ve done that bridge strike thingy, it’s quite easy to not get 100% if for example English isn’t your first language or you aren’t taking notes during the video as some of the questions will be for example “how much precisely does a bridge strike cost per hour?” Or “which telephone number should you call in the event of you striking a bridge?” Or “what is the maximum penalty for hitting a bridge?”.

yes you will not have a hope if you do not take notes but even then several of the multiple choice questions mislead you, as on some of them all three or more are ‘correct’ so you end up second guessing yourself because you expect at least one answer to be wrong

Absolutely ^^^ I got 100% first time but only because I’d been pre warned to take notes during the video presentation. Two bloody pages I took, but at least it’s done and dusted.

Notimetoulouse:
just a heads up if you do apply and get accepted the pre driver training can be awkward ie sit through several training videos etc etc
and a basic 40/50 question drivers hours highway code general knowlage type test BUT the one they dont tell you about is because they have had several bridge strikes over the last year year and a half they have had a knee jerk reaction and includes a bridge stike video and a ten question test which is multiple choice and they EXPECT 100% or its a hard fail which in my opinion is unfair as nobody is perfect there is plus and minus in everything
and any driver worth their salt is not going to plan a route without taking bridge height into consideration even if you get diverted

Ta helpful , done the dhl one & passed that , but this does sound different , it’s the 4 hr window I need to find out about , if it was a dhl thing , and has it carried on with gxo/ xpo ,