GV79 application - some advice needed

Hi All
Just about to post all the stuff to the TC. Before I do it would like some advice to make sure I have filled it correctly.

First is section 12a ) safety inspections. I know its usually every 6weeks for Tractor Units but what about the trailers ? whats the recommended interval to put ?

Now the TM1 (Transport Manager) form
9. List all other permament or regular employment.

Should I put that I am the director of LTD company that applies for the O’Licence (how many hours) ? Or just leave it blank ?

Really appreciate all the advice.

I’d just put 6 weeks for the trailers if that’s what you plan to stick to ,as for being Tm and working too you would be best to go in to detail if pos with a good explanation as to how and when you intend to carry out your duties ,state your current days worked and hours too. Be honest and upfront with out shooting your self in the foot .

Dan Punchard:
I’d just put 6 weeks for the trailers if that’s what you plan to stick to ,as for being Tm and working too you would be best to go in to detail if pos with a good explanation as to how and when you intend to carry out your duties ,state your current days worked and hours too. Be honest and upfront with out shooting your self in the foot .

I am thinking about puttin 20 hours in total as a director which also includes 8 hours of TM role.

I was presuming your an external Tm , iam external Tm but the oo who I do it for subs for me so iam more involved than a normal external Tm which is why I don’t do many hrs per week .

Dan Punchard:
I was presuming your an external Tm , iam external Tm but the oo who I do it for subs for me so iam more involved than a normal external Tm which is why I don’t do many hrs per week .

I will be internal TM as well as Director. This is why i got confused filling the form

I can’t recall justifying the hours I’d be doing for my self ,but I did put I’d be doing less than the minimum recommend per vehicle (1) in my external role as my involment was day to day as mentioned above .

translimited:

Dan Punchard:

I will be internal TM as well as Director. This is why i got confused filling the form

Because I’m driver, CPC holder and have other roles, put in I’m employed by the company full time and although I have many other duties my main responsibility will be ensuring the safe and legal operation of the vehicles. Or words to that effect.

Our truck and trailer are on the same inspection regime.

Unless arduous work six weeks would be too frequent for a trailer in my view but if the unit is mostly coupled to the same trailer most of the time it might just make sense to do together.

thanks for help. appreciate it.

If you down load the form TM1G it tells you what the TC requires a
Transport Manager to do Hours wise per vehicles looked after.

You can put what you want for your PMI, 6 weeks for high mileage
vehicles 12 weeks for lower, as long as you stick to it.