Gutted

I found a job recently on the job center website was advertised as just 1 shift a week on sunday night. Advert wasnt the usual agency cack, was actually posted by a real employer funnily enough the same people sam did his first artic shift with (Adamson group). Was just what i was looking for, shift a week to earn some money over the holiday and get to drive the big stuff again. So dropped them an email explaining my circumstance and got a call back from a chap who didnt seem to mind about lack of experience even asked if i could start this sunday night.

He also mentioned though that because of my age the insurance needed to approve me, so had to fill out a form, and send in copys of my licence. And so today i hear back that they wont cover me, pretty gutted. Perhaps i should of lied on the insurance form and made up some experience but that seems like it could of back fired very badly indeed.

I did ask what age you no longer need pre approval and apparently the insurer told him its 25. And thats a while off yet seeing im only 20.

So all in all another tale of woe for the newbie section, but ah well what can you do.

Phil

That’s a bit strange as you know I’m only 19 and was 18 when they started me. Unusual indeed, there’s also another young fella there who offered to pay the excess and like I say, he drives there.

It would be unimaginable that the same company uses two different insurance companies for their separate branches :S

Hope you find something soon.

Sam Millar:
That’s a bit strange as you know I’m only 19 and was 18 when they started me. Unusual indeed, there’s also another young fella there who offered to pay the excess and like I say, he drives there.

It would be unimaginable that the same company uses two different insurance companies for their separate branches :S

Hope you find something soon.

Cheers, who knows insurance is a strange beast. Just have to keep looking.

Phil