Gunwharf ferry port

Evening all. Just a quick question. Does anyone know if a lorry can use the ferry at gunwarth ferry port in portsmouth to go to the isle of white. I’m only asking as I’m not sure if it’s the main one I have to use or if I can use gunwarth?

Cheers

Toonarmy:
Evening all. Just a quick question. Does anyone know if a lorry can use the ferry at gunwarth ferry port in portsmouth to go to the isle of white. I’m only asking as I’m not sure if it’s the main one I have to use or if I can use gunwarth?

Cheers

Hi Toonarmy,

Just follow the signs for the I.O.W. Ferry just down by Gunwharf it’s the same boat for cars and trucks,have plenty of cash with you it’s an expensive bit of water :unamused:

Bon Voyage.

Regards
Richard

Trucks do use the Wightlink Ferry from Gunwharf to Fishbourne, I have used it many times.

Maximum Dimensions:
Height 4.75m (15’6")
Width 5.38m (17’8")

Cheers people. :slight_smile:

Unless things have changed I wouldn’t ever use ■■■■■■■■■■ Go to Southampton and use Red Funnel - much better service, more truck friendly and usually cheaper, The crossing is a little longer though.

Also if overnighting before the crossing a better choice of drinking and grub places.

W.

Martin:
Maximum Dimensions:

Width 5.38m (17’8")

Are you sure about that Martin? :smiley:

the maoster:

Martin:
Maximum Dimensions:

Width 5.38m (17’8")

Very sure, it’s the only one that can take extra wide loads. Check the website.

http://www.wightlink.co.uk/coach-and-freight/freight/choice-of-routes

Martin:

the maoster:

Martin:
Maximum Dimensions:

Width 5.38m (17’8")

Very sure, it’s the only one that can take extra wide loads. Check the website.

http://www.wightlink.co.uk/coach-and-freight/freight/choice-of-routes

Well there ya go, my apologies. I assumed (wrongly) that it was a typo on your behalf. Keep up the good work that man. :smiley:

Yes…but make sure you bring plenty of money because they really now how to make ■■■■ Turpin look like a saint!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: Also if u need any help advice about island roads places etc.just message me.

That crossing cost £220 return for a 6 legger tipper in the 80’s/90’s :open_mouth: gawd knows how much it costs now, if you are on good terms with any business on the IOW, try and book it through them as companies on there get concessionary rates i.e. about a quarter of the price.

Enjoy the island roads and plodding along there is no rush over there.

We took an artic and a drawbar over a couple of years ago and it was just under £1000 return… :-0

Trev,
Not anymore The only real concession is for freight accounts and then its no where near a quarter of the price.

Islanders and island firms do get a small discount on the boats