'Gun-wielding' truck spotters

They were not aiming guns but were they not breaking the law by parking on the bridge?

Dishforth: ‘Gun-wielding’ truck spotters at centre of armed police op

Armed police responding to reports of several men wielding a “long-barrelled gun” on a motorway bridge instead found a group photographing passing lorries.

A member of the public reported men with a weapon on a flyover of the A1(M) at Dishforth on Wednesday, North Yorkshire Police said.

What was seen being taken from a car boot was in fact a long-lens camera.

“It turns out the three men did intend to shoot something, but fortunately it was only photographs,” police said.

Immediately after receiving the initial report from a “vigilant” member of the public, armed officers were sent to the scene, according to North Yorkshire Police.

A force spokesperson said: "Our Operational Support Unit was there within moments and firearms officers were also called.

“A drone camera was launched to gather information as part of our response.”

After checking all was well, the truck spotters were left to continue with their hobby.

The member of the public was “absolutely right” to report their suspicions, officers said.

“Always better to be safe than sorry,” they added.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-y … e-59768135

Is parking on bridges illegal?

No. Same rules apply as any other road.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

‘Vigilant’ member…

Of the public, who quite possibly needs their eye-sight tested.

Probably an anti-vaxx Brexiteer too. :smiley:

After checking all was well, the truck spotters were left to continue with their hobby.

I have to wonder what motivates these people…

switchlogic:

I was told by the police i shouldn’t have parked on the bridge over the M6 (junction 36) while i tightened the ratchet straps on my transporter many moons ago i assumed therefore it was illegal to do it on any motorway bridge.

Bin Man:

switchlogic:

I was told by the police i shouldn’t have parked on the bridge over the M6 (junction 36) while i tightened the ratchet straps on my transporter many moons ago i assumed therefore it was illegal to do it on any motorway bridge.

Can`t see it here?
highwaycodeuk.co.uk/parking.html
Starting 239…

Bin Man:

switchlogic:

There are two clues as to the reason they said not to park there in this picture as you leave the Motorway at J36…

Maybe plod was having a bad day and decided to give the young transporter driver some grief as a bit of stress relief.

If they were doing that surely they’d just give you a ticket. Far higher level of grief than a few friendly words of advice…

yourhavingalarf:
‘Vigilant’ member…

It was in fact a Guardian reading dimwit who will do anything that the MSM tell them to do & was triple vaccination with anything that they had left over so to give them that warm self satisfaction glow inside their brainless “i know best” look on life. :confused:

Roymondo:
If they were doing that surely they’d just give you a ticket. Far higher level of grief than a few friendly words of advice…

They couldn’t give a ticket if it wasnt illegal!

There are two clues as to the reason they said not to park there in this picture as you leave the Motorway at J36…

There are no no parking/stopping signs, you can see in picture 4 where i stopped bollards are now in place to stop people parking but there is still a gap where you could.

I checked the entrance from the other direction and does have these signs -

Bin Man:

There are no no parking/stopping signs, you can see in picture 4 where i stopped bollards are now in place to stop people parking but there is still a gap where you could.

Oh, yes there are!

In that first picture (on the A590) if you continue towards the roundabout, just after you pass the green direction sign you can see the Clearway sign, just as there are on both Motorway exit sliproads (and the other A590 entrance shown in your Google photo). You cannot drive onto that roundabout without passing a Clearway sign - i.e. the roundabout is subject to Clearway restrictions and you are not permitted to stop there.

So yes, it was an illegal stop and you could have been ticketed had they been so inclined.

In that first picture (on the A590) if you continue towards the roundabout, just after you pass the green direction sign you can see the Clearway sign

I must have skipped too far up the road and having looked again i can see the signs so yes it looks like i dodged a bullet.

‘You thought you felt the load move at the roundabout, and you were checking’

zaax:
‘You thought you felt the load move at the roundabout, and you were checking’

I said i noticed the strap loop had moved on the wheel and had become loose he let me adjust it and i went on my way but he couldn’t resist telling me i shouldn’t have parked there.

Dodgy Permit:

yourhavingalarf:
‘Vigilant’ member…

It was in fact a Guardian reading dimwit who will do anything that the MSM tell them to do & was triple vaccination with anything that they had left over so to give them that warm self satisfaction glow inside their brainless “i know best” look on life. :confused:

And we may have dodged another EUSSR 4TH REICH bullet For the time being at least breitbart.com/europe/2021/1 … es-report/

Dodgy Permit:

yourhavingalarf:
‘Vigilant’ member…

And we may have dodged another EUSSR 4TH REICH bullet For the time being at least breitbart.com/europe/2021/1 … es-report/