Guests able to see pics

Howdy folks

I’ve directed some friends to my Scottish holiday thread in Bully’s Bar so they can look at the photos.

The problem being they can’t see them! I’ve tried signing out & then looking myself & its true.

Now the strange part: the photo Harry Monk posted of his car CAN be seen.

What’s going on there then? Is there any way I can fix this?

AFAIK, guests can see pics which are hosted in places other than TN, such as photobucket.

If you uploaded and posted your pics by using the TN ‘attach a pic’ feature, then this might explain why your friends can’t see the pics in your post.

The above seems to be the case when I checked your post, but without me being logged in.

I’m not known for being technicallylogical, so I hope that’s the right answer. :blush:

I suspect you are right Dave. Begger it, mean I’m gonna have to re upload them somewhere else. :frowning:

What if they are uploaded to my personal album here? Can they be linked to in a thread & seen by guests?

Driveroneuk:
What if they are uploaded to my personal album here? Can they be linked to in a thread & seen by guests?

I suspect that they’ll have to be uploaded to an account on an outside hosting site, as Dave suggested. Photobucket is one, there are others, Flickr, Imagecave for eg. Google and Microsoft also have hosting sites, I think. These are all free to use.
Anything hosted on TrucknetUK will be linked to your account on here and we’re set up so that people have to be members of the site to see members photos.