Guess the mystery object

and win a years supply of glider fuel (winner must collect) :smiley:

this is our ‘new’ shunter

does anybody know what these brackets are for? i think it’s an old exel motor if that helps.

whats those bits on the corner posts as well :question: :question: :question:

It should have been a body lift but they put the brackets in the wrong place - that’s what you get for working on a DAFT! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As they seem to be lined-up vertically, is it so a light array guard/pole can be fixed :question:

Defect board fixtures or anti spray fixtures

the top bracket is slightly further forward than the bottom one. the bits on the corners of the windscreen look like wind deflectors of some description. it did have a very large, ugly looking roof spoiler/side deflectors attached as well, but that’s in the skip! you can just see the remains of it on the right of the pic!

I wondered whether it was from a mobile shop, demo or show trailer, library etc, allowing a banner to be clipped on. obviously when parked up :stuck_out_tongue:

Shunter!!! That’d be a new motor at our place :frowning:

ROG:
As they seem to be lined-up vertically, is it so a light array guard/pole can be fixed :question:

Array Guard Pole… Hmmm… What it can be… Wee check in dictionary… OK, I have it: It’s a Polish Guard of Mother Country.

Will guard/Briton also fit into it? :slight_smile:

:grimacing:

Somerfield style translations are fun :wink:

it could be to put the marker pole on for checking the hight the truck looks like it may have been used as a car transporter

woody2808:
Shunter!!! That’d be a new motor at our place :frowning:

the photo makes it look better than it really is! trucks come to us to die :laughing:

orys:
Array Guard Pole… Hmmm… What it can be… Wee check in dictionary… OK, I have it: It’s a Polish Guard of Mother Country.

Will guard/Briton also fit into it?

Somerfield style translations are fun

Orys, i am thinking you are yanking my funny bonings! :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

delboytwo:
it could be to put the marker pole on for checking the hight the truck looks like it may have been used as a car transporter

no delboytwo we dont use those for measuring height,we use free standing sticks,as the load is different heights in different places. :wink:

timmo:
Orys, i am thinking you are yanking my funny bonings! :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This i DON"T have in my dictionaries. Urban dictionary suggests, that this have something to do with ■■■■■■■■■■■■, so it could be safer to deny, that I am doing anything with this yours funny somethings :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

orys:

timmo:

This i DON"T have in my dictionaries. Urban dictionary suggests, that this have something to do with ■■■■■■■■■■■■, so it could be safer to deny, that I am doing anything with this yours funny somethings :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

it’s always safer to deny everything… unless you’re accused of something complimentary :laughing: :laughing:

Stabilizers for newly passed drivers :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Would it have had a full side skirts fitted at some point?

They were for full side skirts, it was a aerodynamic exercise in saving fuel, hence also the wind deflectors on the screen…

They look a flimsy bloody thing for fastening an air kit to :open_mouth:

Coddy:
They were for full side skirts, it was a aerodynamic exercise in saving fuel, hence also the wind deflectors on the screen…

that sounds like the most plausible answer, ta. :smiley: i will go into work on monday and pass your answer off as my own and sound really clever (for a change!) :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

timmo:

Coddy:

that sounds like the most plausible answer, ta. :smiley: i will go into work on monday and pass your answer off as my own and sound really clever (for a change!) :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

sounds like an excellent idea and something i would do myself. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: