Gs euro bellshill

any one on here work for them? what they like to work for? wages etc?

The only thing i know is that they recently got bought over by GIST, im about as much help as a chocolate fireplace :blush:

couple of years ago they were paying 380 per week IIRC, long hours (15 almost every day), 4 weeks away, two weeks off. They were able to send you to do some trunking in spain for weeks - you were just driving from one MSA to another, doing trailer swaps at both ends. On your working week you was able to top take home pay to about 450 with all o/n allowances and others, on the weeks off you were paid something like 200 per week. I know that as I helped one Polish chap to get a job there as it was only place they were taking people without British experience and English language. He run away after two days and went back to Poland… That says something. And I did not considered him as being especially smart one…

The other thing is a sort of people who work there. I bet there are plenty of decent folks, but I have a misfortune to meet only the muppets.

I met two of their lorries recently in Callais, all four Poles of the worse sort. Primitive, noisy, were laughing that one of them have the other one to be trained for, so the poor sob is driving on two cards, while his “teacher” lies on the bed and drinks vodka. They were very happy that 0.7 bottle fits perfectly into the cup holder. They tried to impress me, and they were saying that they are kings of the road and I am just a peasant who drives sprinter van. I told them I know what they are getting and that I earn more than two of their majestys together, then run for cover :stuck_out_tongue: This was one of the situation when I was honestly ashamed and tried to not let the other people over there notice that I am Polish as well :frowning:

Definitely, I would not be happy to work anywhere near this muppets… Imagine that you are send double manned with them… And it seemed that none of them had any grasp of English (which is not a problem for the company, as AFAIK they have Polish girls in the office).

orys,when did You meet 2 lorries of gs in Calais?

Well it was some time ago. Can’t recall now.

The other problem though is that I had a misfortune to ride with these guys on the channel train few times since, and this morons seems to be working for HST or something like that - other fridge running company, regular on the channel.

Good that you reminded me about this thread as I think I owe the G&S drivers apologies for mistaking them with these muppets.

they are now owned by ceva.

Done a bit of work there 3 years back on agency on & off mainly taking stuff to rdcs round central belt nearly all there drivers are polish in canteen there are adverts up in polish & english advertising vacancies for drivers from poland, perhaps its changed, wagons were mainly renaults, spain & italy is were they go far as im awhere.

Who are owned by CEVA, G&S or HST ?. I understood that GIST bought G&S. Never heard of HST, who are they then ?.