Grover Air Horns

Looking for an installation kit for a set of single trumpet ‘Grover Air Horns’ it seems I need one T bar connection with one air pull valve to control both trumpets. Can anyone point me in right direction to obtain the right installation bits I need :question: or maybe have them lying around in their workshop doing nothing after a ‘Horn’ upgrade. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Thanks in advance
Regards
Dave Penn;

OK, obviously not :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Thanks fella’s.

Well I’ll ask again.
I’ve got a ‘Grover Twin Trumpet’ set up but need to find/purchase the installation kit that goes with it :exclamation: :exclamation:
I’m going to fit it to the nearly new Scania R500 Topline that I’m going to be getting in the next couple of weeks.My boss is ok with the cost of getting the horns fitted I just need to find the installation kit :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: He’s having the motor done up a bit and I’ve already bought the horns but really want them to be working rather than just for show.
Come on guy’s surely someone knows where I can get the bits I need :question: :question:

Regards
Dave Penn

Dave,

Check this post on the drivers forum,

Air Horns (Train)

Regards,

theres a single air horn sat on my passenger floor, just got it today and asked the guy handing the truck over and he said something about a roller shutter door and a very eager doorman.
is it worth fitting it back, the single one on the roof is still nanny scaringly loud

Thanks Skelly, I’ve seen that post but the horns that poster is asking about are electric by the sound of it mine are air only and need a seperate T bar connection to connect the single trumpets and a pull valve that plumbs into the air system and controls the use of the horns. BTW Grover Horns are American and are standard fit on all Paccar products, Kenworth, Peterbilt and the like so will probably have to see if I can order direct from Grover. I’ve found their website but no way of ordering doh :exclamation: :exclamation:

Thanks & Regards
Dave Penn;

dave i would not bother with the chain pull kit, go to a truck/trailer parts factor like hgv direct and buy the fittings req and also an electric/air switch which will do the same job and you could even wire it to the horn switch you allready have and you wont need a hole in the headlining
this is of course unless you feel the need for a chain to be hangin from the roof on which you can swing like rubber duck!!

Thanks for that Moose, didn’t realise it was possible to fit this type of horn in the way you’ve described but I will definetly look to source the bits from a local factor. Not bothered about the chain pull thing so will probably get the things wired to the horn switch.

Thanks again
Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Thanks Skelly, I’ve seen that post but the horns that poster is asking about are electric by the sound of it mine are air only and need a seperate T bar connection to connect the single trumpets and a pull valve that plumbs into the air system and controls the use of the horns. BTW Grover Horns are American and are standard fit on all Paccar products, Kenworth, Peterbilt and the like so will probably have to see if I can order direct from Grover. I’ve found their website but no way of ordering doh :exclamation: :exclamation:

Thanks & Regards
Dave Penn;

Dave,

Why not send a PM to my mate Andy (pete359) - he has a Peterbilt as well as a body shop so might be able to point you towards what you are after

Cheers

H

dave when the horns are attached to the roof you may need a 90 degree elbow under each horn between the headlining and roof to allow the air feed pipes to fit without kinking and then what you want to do is run the air supply pipe up into the roof then put a t piece on the end and then attach a feed from each side to each horn (try to keep these the same length tho even if the feed comes up one side of the front corner pillar as the horns will work at the same time with the same pressure)…so you may have a bit of feed pipe spare to 1 horn coiled up between headlining and roof.
pick an air feed up under the front bonnet and fit your air /elec switch and then you can use existing wires to the facory fitted horn if you want,another thing if you go the pull chain kit way you’ll have air pressure in the roof at all times and these pull chain valves have a habbit of leaking and theres nowt worse than pulling the headlining out to repair an air leak anyway this is how i’ve done it in the past with good results,hope this helps
moose

HI Moose, thanks for that last post, that info will be really useful when I come to getting the things fitted. Haven’t really decided on positioning of the trumpets yet but boss has suggested fitting them to each side of the roof deflector rather than straight to the cab roof :question: From your info it would seem possible and would save putting holes into the cab roof and make it easier to sort any subsequent probs; with air leaks and removing headlining.
Thanks again
Regards
Dave Penn;

Id stay clear of putting them on the roof as over time water will get in even after putting sealent round the base of the horns if u gave tyretracks at eccelshall a ring im sure they’d have the fitting kit mite be a bit pricey tho therent cheap

I would agree with your boss too ! putting them on the air deflector sounds a good idea :sunglasses:

Thanks for that Monarch, will get in touch with ‘Tyretracks’ during the week and get a price off them. Boss is tarting this new addition up a bit and I’d already got the trumpets in a deal I did with an owner driver who had called it a day but he didn’t have any of the fittings :question: :question: I don’t think he actually had them piped up, just had them for show :exclamation: but what the heck :laughing: :wink:

As long as the price of the fitting kit isn’t completely off the wall it shouldn’t be a problem, I don’t usually buy stuff like this but it was a deal I really couldn’t turn down and this is the first truck my boss has ever put any extra’s on and it’s the first one that won’t be plain white. Don’t even know what colour it will be, he’s keeping it a secret :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: It’s supposed to coming on fleet on Friday ready for me to take out on it’s first trip next Sunday. So we’ll wait and see :laughing: :wink:

Thanks & Regards
Dave Penn;

the air deflector is a good idea as stated there will be no holes for water to get in , mind you will need to get the air feed to the outside top of the cab
a lot of folk now buy fixing kits and clamp them to a lightbar allthough this is quite expensive, they can be taken off if the truck is sold/changed and fitted to another
moose

Thanks for all the info guy’s :smiley: :smiley: I’ll let you know how things go and try and put some pics up when it’s all done and on the road.
Regards
Dave Penn;