Grocontintenal

Any info on wages and conditions etc .What they like to work for.Pushy office staff etc.
Thanks in advance.

Don’t know anything about them but quite often see their wagons with the driver’s name on the side saying 10 yrs service for example or even more sometimes so that tells me a lot of drivers seem to stick around, also read a bit about them and seem to always get a good review.
Doubt that was any help but that’s all I know.

if the office staff are anything like the loading staff it will be like a holiday camp been on the bays 5/6 hrs before now loading a box

Yeah saw one at Arla the other morning. 29 years loyal service, can’t be to bad a number then.

These used to deliver to my work when I worked for a food firm in leeds,my dad was the goods in manager and he always said he wished all transport firms worked like grocontinental,the drivers all seemed nice and polite too.
More recently I saw a piece on them in one of the truck mags and one on the managers said something like “if a driver is still with us 6 weeks after starting they generally stay till retirement”
Looks a good outfit to me.

I worked there a few years back really liked it pay a bit of an odd way so much a drop so much a pick up / trailer swap mony for hours driven and so on can make good wage but also can losse a good week if you have a bad Friday
Nights payed on hours
Also they are getting through a fair few drivers a the mo due to a lot of work being subbed out still in contact with a few lads there
Pay 28.00 a night out all parking paid
Run legal
But as I said they do seam to get a hight driver turn over of late

just seen they are taking on in heywood anyone know what work it is and is it the old stobart yard

box man ( clifton27):
just seen they are taking on in heywood anyone know what work it is and is it the old stobart yard

Have they sorted the block paving out yet,it had sunk and was all over the place the last time i went,you had too think where you parked or you stepped out into a mini lake :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ,that’s why we were told they chucked in the yard because of the cost too rectify it .
New bay they put in was also a ■■■■ up,if you went on it you blocked any trucks parked up against fence getting out :unamused:
That was a bloody good job in its time though,stock run up and back,could be done in 6 hrs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: