Grocontinental

A friend of mine that lives locally is after a bit of info (rates of pay/hours etc) they’re supposed to be a tidy fleet and legal. If anyone could share some info, it would be greatly appreciated!

Can’t help with pay mate, but I can echo what you said re good fleet and strictly legal. I’ve spoken to a few of their drivers but (unusually for a driver) I neither enquire about their wages or their T’s & C’s. I will say that the drivers seem to stay there an awfully long time which to me speaks volumes.

Warn your mate though that with it being a fridge Co he/she can expect some stupid o clock starts.

As Moaster said all the drivers I have spoke to have been there years,always new and tidy kit too.

Do they still do much continental work as their name suggests? Back in about 2007/8 I saw one of them over in eastern Germany near Leipzig but apart from that never saw any others over the water.

robinhood_1984:
Do they still do much continental work as their name suggests? Back in about 2007/8 I saw one of them over in eastern Germany near Leipzig but apart from that never saw any others over the water.

Not sure, but back in the day they used to do Middle East work.

Thanks for the insight fellas!

Re continental - pretty sure they were doing a fair bit. Read it somewhere last year in an article about one of their drivers.

kjw21:
Re continental - pretty sure they were doing a fair bit. Read it somewhere last year in an article about one of their drivers.

And the award for most un-informative post goes to…

Well he did ask about whether they went to The mainland… So give your award to someone who gives a ■■■■ about your opinion.

big organised set up used to go in their alot up in whitchurch cheap coffee :open_mouth: machine as well

kjw21:
Well he did ask about whether they went to The mainland… So give your award to someone who gives a [zb] about your opinion.

If your going to be like that fine I’ll have the award back.

ckm1981:

kjw21:
Well he did ask about whether they went to The mainland… So give your award to someone who gives a [zb] about your opinion.

No!!! It’s in pride of place next to my 25 metre swimming certificate!!

kjw21:

ckm1981:

kjw21:

No!!! It’s in pride of place next to my 25 metre swimming certificate!!

Arrgh, the piggin EU again, that should be a real imperial 25 YARD certificate as lurks somewhere among the piles of clutter here.

Stop hijacking my thread - you bum holes and get your own…alriiiiight :sunglasses:

Michael Douglas:
Stop hijacking my thread - you bum holes and get your own…alriiiiight :sunglasses:

This is Trucknet Michael, you’ve been here long enough to know it is the Internet version of pinball. :smiley:

I saw a gro continental wagon today on the M6,hope this helps.

Grocontinental on Eurotunnel train with me today so yes…still do euro work…HTH :smiley:

ckm1981:
I saw a gro continental wagon today on the M6,hope this helps.

You never did say you were a ‘spotter’!

I saw an ad recently in the local rag - might be your mate saw the same?

I think … think only, not know…rates were around £11p/h week, £12p/h nights, £13p/h weekends…

They’re very much a family owned operation, and believe in investing in their staff - a very good ethos which usually pays back over time.

On an aside, pertemps were looking for drivers to fill an MoD contract at Donnington (Telford) - C+E pay UP TO £20p/h!!! :open_mouth: