Gremmie

For those of you who know, love, hate, want to strangle… Gremmie.

The old sod had a heart attack last Weds. I only found out last night so immediately (almost midnight) called the hospital to find out how he was. Apparently, he was snoring well enough to wake the entire ward.

Anyway, today, I called again and spoke to him and he is doing well and will be home soon, quite possible even today or tomorrow.

He said I could tell you so I have. Now be nice as it is something we are all at risk of.

thanks for the information ,grahams one of the few expats ive met, he stopped in to see me at niverville concrete when i was working on the 75.
i hope his luck gets better this yr as hes had some rotten luck in the last couple of years…
bob if you speak to graham tell him jimmy from somerset asking after him… :cry: :cry:

That ain’t good.Please pass on my best wishes to teh dyxciltec dol ruggeb :slight_smile: Take him his laptop cos we need the benefit of his wisdom on here.

That is certainly bad news. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Wishing you a speedy recovery :slight_smile:

Thanks, guys. I will pass on your regards to him. I may well call in and see him tomorrow as I think he will be home by the time I go to work.

He sounded well, all things considered, and promises he will behave himself and do as he is told. Neither one of those seems to come naturally to him… :laughing:

There but for the grace of dog… (as gremmie would say)

I found out the same way/time as you did Rob, a bad deal, but he’s on the mend, it seems nothing can kill the old git :laughing:

I’m sure Gremmie will continue to be a sarcastic ■■■■■ but wouldn’t ever wish him any real harm, so let’s hope he gets through this the same as he did with his other near fatality with the drunk driver.
Please send him my regards (sincerely) but remind him I still think he’s a sarcastic ■■■■■ thanks.

Good to know he’s on the mend :smiley:

(Shame it wasn’t that Robbie ■■■■■■)

Pat Hasler:

No, that isn’t being nice. I wouldn’t wish harm to anyone.

Having said that though, has anyone ever seen both of them in the same room?

Pat Hasler:

Now then Pat, surely that remark about Robbie is a bit OTT eh? :frowning:

Rob what hospital is he in ? Some stuipd drunk almost kills him now this. When you talk to him wish him well for me.

I will certainly do that. I doubt he is there still but he was in St Boniface. I will try to get hold of him later.

Ok I have to go in for a checkup and a ultrasound, I think its a bit early to tell if the baby is a boy or a girl but I am starting to show and my doctor wants to have a look. I have already gained 5 lbs, normally I dont gain or lose’ I will stop at the nurses station on the way out and see if he is still there maybe pop in and say hi.

Get well soon Gremmie :wink:

He is home now. Got home yesterday. All seems well and I will go hassle him when I get back…

He wasnt there when I was done with my ultrasound I checked and he had already been released. Tell him to take care of himself and do what the doctor told him too.

Thanks for all the well wishes, even if some came from the heart of their bottoms…lol
Any way feeling pretty good under the circumstances , i just get tired easily.
So what happened so some of you may learn from my mistakes.
I woke at 0400am on Wednesday 29th with a slight pain in my chest, nothing more than that, no clutching my chest like on TV and stagering around the bedroom gasping for breath. So i got up went to the bathroom for a pee and a ■■■■, a drink of water then back to bed :blush: It was a tad uncomfortable but not painful, i thought i had just slept funny.
Got out of bed arround 08.30 am washed dressed had coffee and breakfast and started work at home as things were pretty quiet between Xmass and new year in the trucking game. Louise my wife asked in passing how i slept , to which i remarked that i wokre arround 4am with a mild pain in the chest, she automaticly hit the alarm bells ■■? and wanted to call the Docs. Why ■■ I felt ok plus i had some loads to get covered and organised. Well like a good wife she kept on buging me with nag nag nag, so i agreed at noon to got to the local hospital.
Once at the Hospital i was whisked into an exam room shirt off blood taken electrodes conected all over my now badly shaved chest… WTF is going on I feel OK… Within 45 mins i was strapped to a stretcher and flying up hwy 59 with sirens blaring on my way to St Boniface Hospital Winnipeg… WTF this is embaressing… I was unloaded at St B, pushed to the front in Emerge, put into a cubicle with 2 doctors & 3 nurses, again poked with needles and electrodes, bits more of my chest got a dry shave, asked question after question until i finaly said STOP, WTF is going on. The surprised young doc looked at me and said " you’ve had a massive heart attack, the left side of your heart is not working, did they not tell you this in the ambulance ■■" … “NO” I was then transfered to a pre OP room where they dry shaved my nads :blush:
Within 45 mins of arriving at St B hospital i was on the OP table whatching on the screen the doc remove a blood clot from my heart, then place a balloon in the affected area followed by a 'Stent" looks like a spring in a ball point pen, 1hr 30mins latter all was done, i lay in my room being attended to by a a battery of really good nurses. We had left home arround noon, and it was now 6pm and i was on the ward recovering from a heart Op, not exactly what i had planned for the day :unamused:
I am alive through pure luck, the left side went about 12 hours with out a proper blood flow, my life was saved by the fact that another artery is massive and was able to compensate for the blocked artey.
I waited 9 hours, thats 9 hours to long, i missed the signs of this, I now have a damaged heart for the rest of my days, its going to take months of resting, therapy and training to get back some of what i have now lost. Dont make the same stupid mistakes i did, it takes but minutes to educate your selves.

Take care, Gremmie and get well again soon. Sounds like you had a narrow escape as well as a close shave. :blush:

It is good that you made it home, take it easy, get well again. You are not superman, maybe a bit in your youth, now you have to slow down a bit and get mended, dont be in a rush, and take on too many things.