Gregory's distribution

Hi, I was wondering if anyone works for Gregory’s, preferably their cullompton depot? Thanks

Harry monk

I sub-contract to Gregory’s, although I work for the North Tawton depot rather than Cullompton. I do go into Cullompton occasionally, but not much more than once a month.

I do talk to their employed drivers, they all say it’s a decent enough job. I think the pay is about average for the area, no more and no less, but they all say that they are treated with respect and most of them have been there for years.

For what it’s worth, I’d personally recommend Gregory’s as a good company to do business with.

Read my mind lol that sounds good. Do you know what they are like for taking on new, inexperienced drivers like myself? I’m currently doing my cat c.

I’ve worked for them for 5 years, but outbased in East Anglia. I’ve had no problems, vehicles are kept in good condition and everything is 100% above board. Can’t comment on pay in general because I was TUPED when they took over the contract,so I’m still on previous company’s rate, but I think they’re about average. Quite a few rigids work out of Cullompton so no harm in asking. Ken

If you like doing Costa coffee deliveries with lots and lots of handball… :wink:

bigvern1:
If you like doing Costa coffee deliveries with lots and lots of handball… :wink:

I thought Cullompton was the pallet network stuff and the Spar stuff ?

It is. Kay’s Transport, who are part of Gregory’s were after Class C multidrop day drivers recently, based there.

Thanks for the replies guys and sorry for my late reply! I’ve just got my cpc to do but I think I will pop in and have a word, thank you :slight_smile:

Bulldog164:
Thanks for the replies guys and sorry for my late reply! I’ve just got my cpc to do but I think I will pop in and have a word, thank you :slight_smile:

i did my class 1 down that way about 13 years ago, i had no class 2 exp, i spoke to them and i’m sure they didn’t have an issue with no exp, but it was a different era then that favoured the drivers a bit more than now :frowning:

i can’t really remember, but i think i had an interview booked, but then got another job sorted beforehand. i thought it was either delivering or collecting milk?

bigvern1:

Costa coffee is distributed by Whitbread, Gregory’s have no connection with it whatsoever.

The Cullompton depot distributes to Spar stores in the south-west, and handles overnight pallet deliveries to EX, TA and DT postcodes.

Bulldog164:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone works for Gregory’s, preferably their cullompton depot? Thanks

I go there at least 2 or 3 times a month and would say they seem a good bunch, I get chatting sometimes and dont seem to hear any moaning or groaning, but you have to wear brown trousers though. :open_mouth: :smiley:

bald bloke:

Bulldog164:

I go there at least 2 or 3 times a month and would say they seem a good bunch, I get chatting sometimes and dont seem to hear any moaning or groaning, but you have to wear brown trousers though. :open_mouth: :smiley:

No you’ll be OK, we get black trousers now :smiley:
Ken

trucken:

bald bloke:

Bulldog164:

No you’ll be OK, we get black trousers now :smiley:
Ken

going up in the world them :open_mouth: when I worked outta jn 18 we didn’t get any trousers :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: