Gregory Distribution

I was just wondering if any of you guys work for or have worked for GDL in the South West as see they have a few jobs advertised for Plymouth/Cornwall area on the South West Water contract transporting Bio-Solids (Ferterlizer Cake) from water treatment plants to farms in Hooklifters and Tippers!!! Was wondering what the pay and conditions were like as have never heard a bad word about Gregory’s and they just seem to be getting bigger and bigger with fingers in lots of pies!!! Many thanks… :wink:

Bertie1973:
I was just wondering if any of you guys work for or have worked for GDL in the South West as see they have a few jobs advertised for Plymouth/Cornwall area on the South West Water contract transporting Bio-Solids (Ferterlizer Cake) from water treatment plants to farms in Hooklifters and Tippers!!! Was wondering what the pay and conditions were like as have never heard a bad word about Gregory’s and they just seem to be getting bigger and bigger with fingers in lots of pies!!! Many thanks… :wink:

Worked for them years ago. Got big then too before cutting everything back due to a lot of eggs in 1 basket. …

Back then they paid overtime that week only if it was down as poa … any actual overtime booked as work was banked and paid later in the year… big con that was just to get you to book poa

All I know is that they have bought all brand new Scania hooks for the waste contract.

Seems to be plenty of jobs available, mainly on the milk tankers.
gdl.uk.com/recruitment.asp

Know a few of their drivers on Palletline - not heard any moans about them!

Bunch of tossers worked for them at Minworth. Did as I was told followed all customer and site rules and was ■■■■■■ off after 3 weeks as I was unsuitable. Have checked back with referees and was told they had not even been contacted and left all on good terms. Must not be Polish enough as a lot of full timers were of that area.

I’m sure the resident Gregory expert will be along soon to tell you how amazing they are and how not a single truck in the southwest moves without them knowing about it. :wink:

Ah yes…I have seen the Scania 8 wheel bulk tippers and the Merc 8 wheels hooklifters on the road!!! Cheers Cosmic! :wink:

Cosmic:
All I know is that they have bought all brand new Scania hooks for the waste contract.

Seems to be plenty of jobs available, mainly on the milk tankers.
gdl.uk.com/recruitment.asp

switchlogic:
I’m sure the resident Gregory expert will be along soon to tell you how amazing they are and how not a single truck in the southwest moves without them knowing about it. :wink:

No I’m sorry, I can’t really help you there, the environmental side is something I don’t know anything about, it is run from completely different depots and does totally unconnected work to distribution, to all intents and purposes it’s an entirely different company trading under the Gregory umbrella.

Ditto Minworth, and in 15 months I’ve never even set foot in the Minworth yard.

I can tell you that in my experience Gregory’s trade ethically and fairly and the OP, who is local to the area and so has access to “word on the street” rather than “some idiot on the internet” did say he had never heard a bad word about them. :wink:

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:

No I’m sorry, I can’t really help you there, the environmental side is something I don’t know anything about, it is run from completely different depots and does totally unconnected work to distribution, to all intents and purposes it’s an entirely different company trading under the Gregory umbrella.

Ditto Minworth, and in 15 months I’ve never even set foot in the Minworth yard.

I can tell you that in my experience Gregory’s trade ethically and fairly and the OP, who is local to the area and so has access to “word on the street” rather than “some idiot on the internet” did say he had never heard a bad word about them. :wink:

Thanks Harry!!! I have done a little research on this operation within Gregory and seems its a newish 3 yr contract and they have put 12 new trucks on the road 8 wheel Tippers and Hooklifters to service the South West Water Contract so could be quite a nice little job!!! Take it steady!! :wink: