GREGORY DISTRIBUTION

I am asking this out of pure nosiness Gregory Distribution are advertising for drivers in Scunthorpe.

What contract in Scunthorpe do they do?

What are they like to work for? wages etc.

I was surprised to find out they had a place in Scunny and I live here, and I don’t recall seeing them about.

looks like they call it Scunthorpe outbase

don’t know about wages, but nice looking kit

i worked for them on the minworth ,Birmingham base,mainly doing cadbury work ,work was easy enough i was full time nights mon-fri and was paid £450 per week.some of the runs were to long though in my opinion upto 730 km a night some nights eg.bham to stobarts wakefield drop off load round next door to coke and pick up full load for iceland swindon,then back up to bham they had several runs going that far

Good God thats a night and a halfs work bet you did not have much time left out of that, was that £ 450 take home I hope it was for that.

no that was before tax

I know gregory do some work for rockwool have a few greg trailers up there at the moment

Can’t help specifically but I deal with their office and yard staff at North Tawton in Devon regularly and they are as decent a bunch of people as you could wish to meet.

I thought Raymonds did Rockwool exclusively?

Harry Monk:
Can’t help specifically but I deal with their office and yard staff at North Tawton in Devon regularly and they are as decent a bunch of people as you could wish to meet.

ditto that harry, I also have a lot of contact with north tawton and never have had any cause for complaint, the job in scunthopre may be gregory enviromental as they are into recycling in a big way

anyone can confirm on the scunny outbase on what they do?

I am tempted, but like to know the back ground as I am doing RDC work at the moment on agency (want to keep my options open at the moment)

have a look on their website it seems to have plenty of info, my dad works for them and has found the same thing, the traffic office likes to use your driving time down to the minuite but if you havent got the time, you cant do it.

The job is working at Ceemax South Ferriby driving bulkers bringing treated waste to be burnt in some process or other, walking floor bulkers, new DAF 85s, £425 basic for 48 hours.

Close, it’ll be Cemex. we’ve got Gregory wagons coming out of our earholes down here in rugby bringing in the treated waste (Climafuel) and chipped tyres all of which go into the kiln to replace a big percentage of the coal used in the past.

Slip of the finger there Map-man.