Gregory Distribution - Cullompton - Any experience?

I was thinking of going for a position with Gregory Distribution but most of the people I have spoken to about them have said basically stay clear of them. (all though I don’t think they have ever worked for them themselves)

Some said pay is not good but what I’ve heard sounds pretty ■■■■ good (better than what I’m on now).

Just wondered if anyone here has had any experience of them good or bad, any any idea of what to expect if I did go with them?

Thanks in advance

I did a bit of agency for them out of their Old Sodbury depot.

It was all right but typical general haulage, go there, deliver that then call in to see where you’re going next.

Not my cup of tea but lots like it like that.

Thank you, I see they also do milk tankers and ‘www.palletline.co.uk

Just a bit worried as I would need to travel 30 miles each way to work.

no idea about working for them, but trucks always look tidy, nothing flash but look good and well maintained :wink:

as you say they do Milk Tankers, Palletline, and General from Cullompton

they do quite a bit of chipboard out of South Molton, I vaguely know someone who subs for them from SM, been doing it for several years so can’t be all bad :wink:

gdl.uk.com/index.html

The Money is probably on par with everyone else in the area i.e. not brilliant but you already know that. You won’t be asked to run bent and they have decent motors. Just depends what you want, home every night or tramping on general, I would say they will find something that suits you and they seem to respect the drivers more so than a lot of others.

Silver_Surfer:
they seem to respect the drivers more so than a lot of others.

We backload for them sometimes and I would completely agree with this statement- thay are always friendly and polite. Drivers seem to speak highly of them.

They backload tautliners out of Rugby for the south west and the drivers always seem quite happy and relaxed, I think they have a depot on outskirts of Minworth.

i think semtex tried for a job there but im not sure.

Did agy on the sewage tankers out of Hayle for a couple of months. Nice easy job, no hassle. got given my loads for the day and just got on with it (unless there was an emergancy)

all the kit is tidy and late model. The only downside (and this is only a niggle) is they run the vemis monitering system to watch hoy you drive. (over revving, idling to long etc) Fine on long distance work but a bit of a pain pulling out of cornish sewage works!!!

As J D said, I tried to get back on perminant however there was no vacancies as the milk side down here is cutting back so there is a surplas of drivers for the sewage side.

Best of luck with it

Did some work for them on the milk tankers through the agency, running from Lostwithiell in Cornwall up to cullompton and I allways seemed to get treated okay, the guys at both ends semed friendly enough and helpful was even offered a job with them but didn’t fancy working for the next seven years without a christmas off, but that is the milk game for you the cows need milking even on chrimbo day. I would say give it a go if you don’t like it you can always leave

They offerd me a job working out of Proctor and Gamble in Trafford Park c. 2000. Didn’t take it 'cos I wasn’t sure. Weeks later they shut the operation down. An escape.

They struck me as an old school firm who might not be too bad to work for so long as you towed the line.

Much of a muchness but no worse than any others and a lot better than most. Probably.

fox

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … tough.html