Greggs

New one opened at doncaster services.

What a breath of fresh air, £2.65 for a decent chicken & salad roll rather than paying £4 odd for that ginsters tat. The cheese & bacon turnovers are nicer than BP, there’s sausage in the sausage rolls and they do breakfast baps & nice lookings donuts as well. The coffee is also decent. You leave feeling like you haven’t just been mugged, which is nice.

Don’t get me wrong, the ginsters pasties are alright but the price they charge for the sandwiches is ridiculous and they’re mass produced slap.

Greggs & KFC my favourite ‘Restaurants’ :smiley::grin:

martinviking:
Greggs & KFC my favourite ‘Restaurants’ :smiley:

Mine too. Although I’m fortunate enough to fuel up there and get the money off vouchers and I usually only have to put 38p to a breakfast bap £3.68 normally.

Yes my family are nice bakers.

If you spend a bit of time around East Yorkshire try a Cooplands. Better than Greggs.

Wouldn’t touch Greggs with a barge pole. I prefer my sandwiches to be made with freshly made bread, not something that was part baked 3 weeks previous, stored, transported hundreds of miles, then baked off in a shop and sold as fresh.

Theres a video on youtube somewhere of a vat of sausagemeat that looked like pink vomit ready to be turned into sausage rolls.

Yeah, I think it’s called ‘Mechanically recovered meat’.

When all the prime cutss are removed fro the carcass, it’s hung in a chamber and blasted with VERY high pressure water jets, the water is collected in a vat / tank as you said, and then the ‘scum’ on the surface is scraped off and turned into ‘meat’ :open_mouth:

Greggs ain’t what it used to be, wouldn’t be suprised they’re the ‘stobarts’ of the food world, finding ways to save £££ by using MRM instead of ‘proper’ meat etc. :frowning:

Goldfinger:
Greggs ain’t what it used to be, wouldn’t be suprised they’re the ‘stobarts’ of the food world, finding ways to save £££ by using MRM instead of ‘proper’ meat etc. :frowning:

I was thinking the same thing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Pleased to say my local Greggs shop shut up shop because they couldn’t compete with a traditional bakers that prepare & bake on the premises.

This is the vat :open_mouth: i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/ … 68x329.jpg

Thank F I’ve not had my tea yet. :open_mouth:

Wife’s a nurse, she ‘met’ people that work there.

They say if you knew what went in them, you would not eat them anymore! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Don’t say that lads , I spent my last seven years in Canada craving Steakbakes :cry:

More like ‘saltbakes’ with maybe one small piece of meat drowning in gravy scalding hot!

When we cook, yeah we use salt. But jeezus, does no one check on the production line?

All the more for me! :smiley:

Im loving the greggs i dont care what goes into it, if it tastes nice then thats good enough for me. also the girls who work in birch and lymm greggs are really nice and smiley, very pleasant on the eye also.

Waco:
Wouldn’t Greggs with a barge pole. I prefer my sandwiches to be made with freshly made bread, not something that was part baked 3 weeks previous, stored, transported hundreds of miles, then baked off in a shop and sold as fresh.

Theres a video on youtube somewhere of a vat of sausagemeat that looked like pink vomit ready to be turned into sausage rolls.

Not just me that dont like them but then never did like greggs even in the 70’s

animal:

Waco:
Wouldn’t Greggs with a barge pole. I prefer my sandwiches to be made with freshly made bread, not something that was part baked 3 weeks previous, stored, transported hundreds of miles, then baked off in a shop and sold as fresh.

Didn’t realise greggs had been going since the 70’s :confused:

matt3903:

animal:

Waco:

Yep was Greggs of Gosforth back then

Noticed a new one at Ferrybridge yesterday as well.

matt3903:

animal:

Waco:

Founded in 1939. Back then it would have been a proper bakery unlike now where its all substandard production line rubbish.

If you want a proper steak slice, get yourselves to Morrisons, they are the best in the world !!!