greetings !!!

in different areas people greet you differently (thats if they can be bothered in the first place)
do you have a favourite, or is there a greeting you dont like.
a scouser would say “alright there mate”
a cockney would swear (mainly the older ones) alright zb
a jock would say alright bigman (im 6ft 3)
i like them them all.
the one that always throws me is when they say
“alright me duck”
especially when its some 18 stone 6ft tall monster of a bloke. it used to send a shiver down my spine but im used to it now.
when did this saying “me duck” first start, what area is it supposed to originate in ■■?. leicestershire, derbyshire and parts of notts.
my most favourite of all greetings.
" cup of tea , mate" little used these days, but works wonders.

The greeting i normally get is “not you again [zb]”

simon

I use to work at a large seside bar & just loved the Leicester fortnight, by the end of the first week you felt like quacking a response to everyone who called you Duck.
It was not the term duck so much as the number of times per hour you were called it.
The old Norfolk “Bors” use the term right.
One conversation I have heard, shouted across the road, went.
“Right ?.” (Hello mate how are you.)
“Right”
“Are…Your right then ?.” ( Good you are ok then.)
“Yeh. Right.”
Missus right ?"
“Right.”
“Right.” (as a good bye.)
“Right”.

Right. :wink: :sunglasses: :smiley:

Favourite greeting - “welcome, tea & coffee over there, help yourself, we will unload you right away, you put your feet up driver, you have been working hard all day” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Usual greeting - “Your late (or early :open_mouth: ) join the queue pal, it’s lunch/coffee break (or going home time), what do you want? Are you sure it’s for us?” :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I have requested from the big man above, that in my next life, I wish to be re-incarnated as a ‘goods-in’ supervisor - ahhhh bliss.

I always start off as pleasant as possible; after all that’s how I’d want to be treated myself on first contact.

When doing the banana market runs a typical start would be, “helloooo Sarrr! How we doing tonight :exclamation: :question: . I have for youuuu, 4 pallets of lurvely peaches today”, which immediately prompts a puzzled look and a surprised sounding reply along the lines of, "peaches :question: :question: :question: ". :open_mouth: :laughing: . A quick, "a-ha :exclamation: Got you there :exclamation: ", always ends in laughter and that’s the ice broken straight away :smiley: . Way to go.

The term “(me) duck” or “chick” to a guy is just wrong, imo. I’m certainly not a fan of it and in general find it commonly used round Chesterfield area, especially by the women at the burger caravan in the layby above the M1 J30 :angry: .

Yeah but round derby and leicester you cant even get a bacon buttie, roll or a sandwich. Its got to be a cob duck.

I prefer a couple of baps. :wink:

Normal greeting is “Your Late, You should have been here at 8 am”
Standard reply “Why, What Happened”

I get various greetings from the regular places I go to, they include ;- ‘It’s that limey ****** again’
“Hey ! that Australian guys back”
“Whatt the **** did he say ?”

Got another one today ;-

“Who the [zb] told that Limey [zb] to back in here ?”

Actually these guys are real good friends and will do anything for my as I am their favourite driver :laughing:

(Edited for language - AndyM.Come on Pat… :wink: :wink: you know better than that… Little stars means its a no-no… )