Greetings from Finland

hutpik:
Surely one of the most famous Finnish drivers must be that guy Santa Claus from Rovaniemi.I stand outside every Xmas eve and Watch him going past.That guy is really moving.Mike

Didn’t you hear? He got laid off, replaced with a pole and an army of Romanian helpers.

maga:

hutpik:
Surely one of the most famous Finnish drivers must be that guy Santa Claus from Rovaniemi.I stand outside every Xmas eve and Watch him going past.That guy is really moving.Mike

Didn’t you hear? He got laid off, replaced with a pole and an army of Romanian helpers.

Rumour has it that Norbert Dentressangle has bought Santa Claus Finland, closed the Lappland depot down, sold the reindeer and replaced them with Romanian donkey’s and a Bulgarian called Boris with a white beard. Obviously the Poles are annoyed at being undercut and no one is listening to the Swedes and Finns as they complain to Brussels, where only Scrooge is to be found, ignoring their pleas to save their jobs and instead planning to replace Boris next year with a Turk called Mustafa and his red nosed camel.

iankav:
Any pics of these Finnish birds??

There you are :wink:

:slight_smile:

Trg logistics will be doing Tesco store deliveries from the new super DC in Reading. A good way in to get your experience up over here. Bear in mind they may drop you after Christmas, may.

DAF95XF:

iankav:

Well played sir, well played.

DAF95XF:
Welcome to the forum :sunglasses:
My girlfriends Finnish as well :wink:

As in Finish herself after you couldn’t do it for her ■■ :grimacing:

Sorrry for a late reply to this.

There seems to be quite a lot of open driver positions in Finland at the moment. Would make landing a job much much easier if you spoke any finnish but i dont know how much the companies look into that anymore these days. Depends of the type of the work i guess. I’ve seen some drivers with very little finnish skills so its not impossible.

I think its the same in Finland than here that best jobs are not advertised anywhere but the information goes from mouth to mouth. People ask others if they know any good drivers. So getting to know people also help.

takemehome:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I’m going to ask the opposite, if moving in the other direction what’s driving work like to get coming from the uk into Finland?

Sorry to hijack that thread but who better to ask hey.

Good luck on the job hunt

Welcome,Make sure you bring plenty of Sisu with you. :slight_smile:

switchlogic:

DAF95XF:

iankav:

Well played sir, well played.

Thank you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:

DAF95XF:
Welcome to the forum :sunglasses:
My girlfriends Finnish as well :wink:

As in Finish herself after you couldn’t do it for her ■■ :grimacing:

Haha, no problems in that respect :wink:

Well.

I called TRG Logistics and they wont have anything to do with me as i dont have UK driving experience. Such a vicious circle. Where the hell i am supposed to get it when i dont get a chance to get it.

Motre:
Well.

I called TRG Logistics and they wont have anything to do with me as i dont have UK driving experience. Such a vicious circle. Where the hell i am supposed to get it when i dont get a chance to get it.

Try Tesco themselves :wink:
Or dare I say it, Eddie Stobart…

I tried drivers direct aswell. Same answer. For insurance reason apparently. Starts to look like i wont be driving anytime soon =)

Hi Motre.Can’t you say that you have driven in the UK but it was with a Finnish Company and you were delivering.If it helps you get a job.You can Always print up a CV on the computer from a Finnish company.They cannot say anything if you have a Finnish driving license as this is permitted throughout EU.I live in Sweden,have an English passport and a Dutch driving license.Mike

dozy:

Motre:
Good evening people.

I am here to say hello to people who might be my future collegues and also to ask some hints and tips.

I recently relocated to UK from Finland as my girlfriend lives and works here. (Yes. Once again it was cause of a woman) This seemed like reasonable thing to do since i speak english but she doesnt speak finnish.

I have a degree in IT but being here for couple of months already have shown me that landing a job on that field over here seems to be a bit challenging if i put it mildly. I decided to start looking into trucking since i have ABECE class licence and also a ADR licence. I also have 3 years work experience from Finland driving one of these lkw-thorsten.eu/Galerie/Laen … 20%202.JPG

So i turn to you for some advice. What would be a best way for a newcomer into a country to start familiarising into the trucking work here?

I have also noticed a slight hostility against foreign drivers while reading certain forums. I understand the problem with drivers coming from eastern europe as we have the same problem in Finland. So i am assuming its about that? Would a poor finnish driver meet samekind of dislike? I can imagine it could lower ones work motivation slightly. What do you think?

I guess i have been blabbing long enough now. I’m looking forward to your thoughts and ideas.

Thank you.

Bad move mate,even the foreign lads I know have had enough,most are on about going home or too another country

Just the gee-up the guy needs.

There’s ALWAYS work in this industry given your age/experience ; might be crap money and long hours, but hay, join the club :slight_smile:

switchlogic:

YARDDOG:
Would not hurt to sew a small Finnish flag on your work clothes to avoid any confusion as to your nationality.

Most people who treat others badly for nothing more than being from another country wouldn’t know the difference between a polish/czech/finnish flag etc.

:slight_smile: Have to say-Smartness knows no borders,as the above post shows.To label someone only on basis of
their nationality/ethnicity is like going back a couple of hundreds of years in life.
Having saying that,one has to also see the reasons behind it.At least at the moment .
Blame your politicians .
“I called TRG Logistics and they wont have anything to do with me as i dont have UK driving experience”
Motre check out any of the agencies that “specialize” in foreign drivers.There are some.The pay wont be great,but if working in UK is important to you
,you might have to sacrifice a few months to get that left hand side driving experience .
Greetings,pole driver

Let’s put it this way, my girlfriends from where the OPs from and 10 years ago she’d never driven here - now she’s driving coaches :wink:

You could try online shopping vans to get your UK driving experience?

iankav:

+1

Motre:
Thank you for the warm welcome people.

I am currently living in High Wycombe so if anyone has good ideas of places to give a call i’d glady hear them. I saw an add of trg logistics looking for drivers to reading. Any ideas about that?

I dont have a car yet but my plan is to buy one as soon as i get work somewhere so i’m able to go to work littlebit further away aswell. Just dont want to buy it yet as i’d be in trouble with the insurance costs without a job.

the TRG are for tescos at reading,my mate works for them and he does between 10 to 15 hrs a day,he does earn pretty good money usually between £1,800 to £2,000 per month although he is not too impressed with them at the moment as they are messing him about,but give them a try only you can find out if you like them or not,good luck