Greenhouse gases

must admit i never heard the broadcast but i suppose its the same old drivel weve all heard before…they never seem to mention aircraft who have to dump their fuel before landing cos theyre not allowed to land with full tanks.or that great plane concord which dished out more green house gases than anything on this planet…or the many diesel operated trains that chuck out more black smoke than a sixties seddon…we all know that any government this country has had all want to get the truck off the road…it cannot be done…unless you have transit vans to take the place of them…which roughly equates to 25 trannys for each truck…i suppose some of the long journeys could be taken care of by having rail trucks that could be lifted off and put onto trucks…i would call them containers… or even freightliners…and where did they go…but we know that wont work cos the railways charge too much…and you stil need transport at both ends…so its back to the drawing board…and the answers still the same…if you use it…it came by truck…
have a nice day

truckyboy:
…it cannot be done…unless you have transit vans to take the place of them…which roughly equates to 25 trannys for each truck…

Would be interesting to see a 40ft length of steel being carried in a ■■■■■■ van or perhaps to see a ■■■■■■ petrol tanker. Perhaps the army will start transporting their 50 ton tanks on the back of ■■■■■■ vans :open_mouth:

Wake up Green Party :exclamation:

I heard what she had to say and it was another load of, well you know, it would be honnest of these people if they were not end users of the things they complain about, green party protesters hire buses to go to rallys to complain about what the car etc is doing to the planet, mothers stand out side schools complaining about phone masts near the school, yet they and most of their kids have phones.

This woman was quoting the past pre Beacham days when there was a station in every town village etc, and as the trucker that came on pointed out B.R.S. did most of the haulage for the railways, her ideas were un-thought out, and un-implementable, all these people like to get the soap box out for their ten mins, of fame then put it away jump in the car and get on the phone to the trucking company to see where their new three piece etc is go figure!!!

As Truck drivers we only haul stuff because somebody wants it. So instead of having a go at the Haulage Industry, these people need to look at thier own lifestyles. As was mentioned on the show we import goods that we can grow or make ourselves, such a chicken from Asia.
From her comments there seems to be no compromise between trucks and the environemt, but what about using alternative fuels that either don’t produce the Greenhouses Gasses or are carbon neutral. Also the latest Euro spec engines produce much less harmful gasses than even 5 years ago, but many busses running round the streets are over 20 years old smoky diesels.

Ye lets all help reduce global warming lets send all freight on the railways ! best idea i have heard for years

Lets build new railway stations that can hold millions on pounds worth of freight create thousands of jobs to handle the extra work

Get all truck drivers to drive the trains saves on unemployment :smiley:

We can build the biggest and the best in the world ye lets do it .

ERRRRRRR how do we get the bricks and cement delivered now theres no trucks on the road :question: , how we going to get the steel picked up :blush: :confused:

Oh well back to the drawing board

It may seem daft, but…have you ever noticed that when they have to move a train engine from one part of the country to another they put it on the back of a truck :open_mouth:

I wonder why they do that then, wouldn’t be anything to do with cost would it :unamused: :unamused:

Jules

Denis F:
and how do you think the sheep got there :question: :question: :question: :wink:

I know that Denis :unamused: :smiley: , but she wouldn’t be doing anything with the sheep :open_mouth: at least I hope not :smiley: .