Greenford to Hatfield?

I’ve got Sainsbury at Greenford for about 08.00 ish then Ocado Hatfield for about 11.00 ish so not really familiar with driving in London is it best to head back out on the A 40 to the M25 then around to A1 or head into London then up the A1 that way ? What would be the quickest and easiest route .
Many thanks.

Straight up the A1, not a bad road. A lot of guys don’t like going any where near London but just remember It’s just a road with the same tarmac as every other road so don’t let it bother you and it will be fine.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

From Greenford I’d head onto the North Circular at Hanger Lane, then onto the A1 from there.
After 9am the traffic’s not normally too bad going that way.

In terms of speed! A40/M25/A1 A406 is a mare before 0930 same as the A1 in London! :wink:

AJF3011:
From Greenford I’d head onto the North Circular at Hanger Lane, then onto the A1 from there.
After 9am the traffic’s not normally too bad going that way.

Yes this does look like the shorter route and I suppose once on the A1 i will be heading out of London and hopefully against the traffic.

to Hangar Lane then 406 then A1

You’d take the A41 from the A406 which joins the A1 a bit further up. I’d probably barrel up the M1 and save ■■■■■■■ about through Mill Hill / Barnet. From the M1 you can cut across onto A405? and A414

Can someone please confirm what height the bridge is on greenford road, just near greenford station??

I’m sure it’s marked up lower than double decker height but DDs can get under it

A fella I know goes to greenford palletways hub and he comes off the a40 at the a312 junc and goes the long way round,

selby newcomer:
Can someone please confirm what height the bridge is on greenford road, just near greenford station??

I’m sure it’s marked up lower than double decker height but DDs can get under it

A fella I know goes to greenford palletways hub and he comes off the a40 at the a312 junc and goes the long way round,

15ft 6in I do Palletways Greenford with a DD regular! :wink:

dessy:

selby newcomer:

Cheers, I knew he could go under it, but he goes the long way round as he thinks he can’t. He has to go to Fradley park after greenford and rings me up moaning about his hours, he must cost himself an hour a night coming in from the a312

Well my trailer is marked up 15ft 9in and it and most other wagons go through along Greenford road off the A40! I also go from there the same way out to go to Fradley hub!

dessy:
Well my trailer is marked up 15ft 9in and it and most other wagons go through along Greenford road off the A40! I also go from there the same way out to go to Fradley hub!

That must be it, his trailer must be marked up higher than the bridge, so he won’t risk it, a few people have told him he can make it, oh well, it’s his time.

selby newcomer:

dessy:

selby newcomer:

Cheers, I knew he could go under it, but he goes the long way round as he thinks he can’t. He has to go to Fradley park after greenford and rings me up moaning about his hours, he must cost himself an hour a night coming in from the a312

goo.gl/maps/fybcR

Show him this, if I have got the right bridge!

Yeah! That’s the bridge, the fella must have a 16ft DD :stuck_out_tongue:

8wheels:
You’d take the A41 from the A406 which joins the A1 a bit further up. I’d probably barrel up the M1 and save ■■■■■■■ about through Mill Hill / Barnet. From the M1 you can cut across onto A405? and A414

That’s the way I went all nice and clear and done it in about an hour.

Sorry bald bloke for hijacking you’re thread, glad you got the good info you needed.

Also, cheers dessy and wheel nut, I’ve forwarded him that link, he starts work at 8pm so should be hitting greenford at 9ish, might give him a call and see what way he’s gone :slight_smile:

I’ll be in Greenford myself in the morning! Hope your mate don’t get stuck under that bridge! :wink: