Green Stickers and Diagonal Stripes

I have been looking at old forums and answered a couple of queries over the ‘L’ and ‘S’ plates seen on trucks. Does anyone know what the Green d and a strickers are for seen on the side of continental fridge wagons. Also does anyone know what the red, white or blue diagonal stripes are for found on the frond and back of italian trucks?

The D and A are for Italy and mean:

D = ‘domenica’, vehicle exempt from Sunday driving ban.

A = ‘alimentari’, vehicle carrying foodstuffs.

No idea on the diagonal stripes, can’t say i have really noticed them.

If i remember rightly 1 stripe is for national transport & 2 stripes is for international…Could be the other way round

well the white stripes means “conto terzi” and for me it’s hard to explain, i try:
A transport operator hauling load produced by another company (a really transport company).
Red stripes means “conto proprio” a non-transport company that own a fleet of truck hauling ONLY his products.
The blue stripes means local transport less 50 km trip.
I hope you understand

Thanks for the info, will add it to the encyclopeadic anorak info. will have plenty more questions for the european people. I have a slightly odd ocuupation. I own operate and chef in kitchen trucks supporitng the Motor Sport, TV and Hospitality industries running deep into europe and beyond. Have been truck mad all my life and now have realised the dream of spending long hot nights in cramped cabs (Run iveco cargos!) and spending vast amounts of money on exciting things such as air suspencion ecu’s and road tolls.