Green light for new truckstop

Some details from the local rag :

New truck stop and cafe given green light with hopes of reduced crime on the A50 and surrounding area .
Work to start on land at the A50-A511 Junction .
The development will be accesed from the A511.

Facilities to include :
East of road:

Petrol station and shop

West of road:

Cafe and drivers resturant
Toilets and showers
First aid area

The site will have the capacity for 188 hgvs
18 lgv parking bays .

Derbyshire Police fully back the development saying it would be welcomed and provide them with somewhere warm to sit , rather than stood about in laybys at 2am dealing with slashed curtains ( i put that bit in :laughing: )

Local committee chairman Martyn Ford who represents the area also fully backs the development and commented ,
"We have had several years of the A38 and A50 laybys blocked up and drivers having to put up with no toilet or food facilities , it was about time this was put right . "

So there you go a new spot to park up .
The Salt Box will probably suffer but they have barely any room there . Plus the hatton residents want the salt box gone and a 7.5t limit imposed on the area .

There is also some services being developed at the Willington turn on the toyota island with A50 and A38 .

About time!!!
that area is really bad, better one opening than shutting. Do you know who is going to run it?
When will it be open?
I get that way about once a fortnight depending on time of year!

regards,
Daf.[/b]

The site will have the capacity for 188 hgvs
18 lgv parking bays .

:open_mouth: :confused: Umm, which one is it then ?

I,m assuming by LGV bays they mean long load bays .
Taken from the local rag .
Whichever it is ,it means more than 200 spaces .

I,m not sure who is going to run it . I suppose that will come to light in the future .The owners of the land Dove valley park ltd are developing the site .
Now the they have the go ahead I wouldn’t be surprised to see it up and running sometime in the 6-8 months .

All the info you need is here forum.truckersworld.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8901 including plans and prices etc etc even the owners of the site.