Green discs on lorrys?

Seen a few non UK registered trucks with green discs on the vehicles with letters inside L & V are 2 that I’ve seen but what are they? My guess is a permit of some sort.

Never driven on the continent but curious.

I think its for Germany. The V is Euro 6 and the L is low emission. Thats what I was told by a tanker driver.

Green L is for low noise vehicles, vehicles that comply and display the green L are exempt from the night time driving ban in Austria.
V is I believe the emissions category in Roman numerals, ie IV = euro 4, V = euro 5, VI = euro 6.

AJF3011:
Green L is for low noise vehicles, vehicles that comply and display the green L are exempt from the night time driving ban in Austria.
V is I believe the emissions category in Roman numerals, ie IV = euro 4, V = euro 5, VI = euro 6.

+1

Also"L" = Lärmarm (noise reduced) without this you are not allowed to drive in Austria between 10pm and 5am

“G” = Gerauscharm (low noise) for vehs up to 80db not recognised in Austria, forbidden to drive in Austria between 10pm and 5am

“S” = Schadstoffarm (low emission) only for Austrian plated trucks

“U” = Only for Austria ,combination of “L”+“S” better known as “green lorries”

xxmitaxx:

AJF3011:

+1

Also"L" = Lärmarm (noise reduced) without this you are not allowed to drive in Austria between 10pm and 5am

“G” = Gerauscharm (low noise) for vehs up to 80db not recognised in Austria, forbidden to drive in Austria between 10pm and 5am

“S” = Schadstoffarm (low emission) only for Austrian plated trucks

“U” = Only for Austria ,combination of “L”+“S” better known as “green lorries”

Put em all together an you have a SLUG :grimacing:

Radar19:
I think its for Germany. The V is Euro 6 and the L is low emission. Thats what I was told by a tanker driver.

Class.