Greek Motors

Over the last fortnight i`ve seen loads of greek wagons up and down the corridor. There seems a lot more than usual about.
Has anyone else noticed?

i must admiti have seen 5or6 going up the m40 i havnt seen any in years

They have possibly been forced away from domestic work because of the economic situation in Greece, although I haven’t noticed any about myself.

I saw one greek van in Fife when the volcano strikes first time. Off course could not read these prehistoric letters but it looked like a courier van - maybe some extremally important cargo was grounded and they sent it via the roads?

JB:
Over the last fortnight i`ve seen loads of greek wagons up and down the corridor. There seems a lot more than usual about.
Has anyone else noticed?

There is usually anything between 4 and 10 Greek registered motors parked up in Asten, JB. Now it could be due to the new cabotage rules. I believe the Germans use Greek plates like we use Dutch ones. So the Germans are sending them over here to get them out the country for a couple of days.
We have already had one done under the new rules. He left empty this morning for France after getting tugged on Friday at Stafford.

i’ve seen a few floating about around europe of late, some old and some new.
1 firm, seems to have a nice fleet, mixed units, volvo, scania, etc, with box trailers, really nice blue colour, think they are called something like “oliakos” or similar.

I was told many years ago, that there were two types of hauliers licence in Greece. One was for domestic work and one for international and niether could do the others work. all international licenced trucks had to have an orange band to decifer that they were not for domestic traffic. So if this is still the case it does not matter how bad the domestic transport economy is they cant use these trucks to run abroad on international work.
regards jamie.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s

chilistrucker:
i’ve seen a few floating about around europe of late, some old and some new.
1 firm, seems to have a nice fleet, mixed units, volvo, scania, etc, with box trailers, really nice blue colour, think they are called something like “oliakos” or similar.

yeah Okialos - most amazing greek trucks fleet livery! they got greek and german regs plate trucks… they regulars driving to Deutschland - Fantastic livery! okialos.com/ :sunglasses:

M&C Jamie:
I was told many years ago, that there were two types of hauliers licence in Greece. One was for domestic work and one for international and niether could do the others work. all international licenced trucks had to have an orange band to decifer that they were not for domestic traffic. So if this is still the case it does not matter how bad the domestic transport economy is they cant use these trucks to run abroad on international work.
regards jamie.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s

Your bang on with that Jamie, I had an ex Curries 112 years ago & had a fair few tugs in it in Greece because of the orangey/yellowy stripes around the cab, I dunno if the laws changed over there now, I suspect they’ve more things to worry them now like Angela Merkels crew :slight_smile:

fly sheet:
I had an ex Curries 112 years ago & had a fair few tugs in it in Greece because of the orangey/yellowy stripes around the cab, I dunno if the laws changed over there now, I suspect they’ve more things to worry them now like Angela Merkels crew :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: how old are you to have had an ex curries motor 112 years ago :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was only 134 years old when I had that Scania :smiley:

Fly sheet

If they are fridges it might be that peaches have started, it then moves on to grapes later in the summer. You also get a big bump up if Fage, the yoghurt company have a promotion on with a supermarket.