Great Little gadget

had a couple of trucks recently with radios that don’t work or been rubbish so had some long days of silence. The phone on speaker wasn’t loud enough and I both hate earphones and think they are dangerous to drive in. Bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Mini-Portable-Speaker-Music-MP3-4-Player-Micro-SD-TF-USB-FM-Radio-Black-UK/131101870581?_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452&_trkparms=aid%3D333008%26algo%3DRIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3D7540992109862769567%26pid%3D100102%26prg%3D20140212121249%26rkt%3D4%26 of ebay for just under £9 expecting to be complete rubbish and actually its really good. Good as an external speaker and you can put a mini sd card in it. Its also an alarm and clock. Only about inch and a half cubed so fits in rucksack without hassle. Might be of use to someone else. It has an FM radio but I think you would have to be on a transmitter to get anything. In a city prob ok.

Cheers, I have gave it a chance, if it doesnt suit me the daughter can have in :smiley:

I’ve had one too. You’re not the seller are you? :wink:

I had the same problem myself with having no radio and when I had one it kept losing signal so I got a Bluetooth speaker and stream the radio through my phone which I can have on day and night as I have unlimited data. The speaker also let’s you answer calls like a handsfree which is very convenient. Now I’m able to listen to my favourite radio station in any part of the country I go :sunglasses:

Sounds good , do they work with iPhone ?

JFC999:
Sounds good , do they work with iPhone ?

Supports LINE IN function, receiving audio source from MP3, MP4, PC, Notebook, iPod, iPhone, etc.

Just ordered one, as I’m driving the old truck next week with no radio. Cheers

Nope I dont sell them.

midlifetrucker:
Nope I dont sell them.

Was only messing mate.

Yeah no prob I do sell on eBay but not electrical

Dont you know its illegal not to have a radio fitted, refuse to take it out :laughing:

What i usually do is carry a 3000 watt amplifier, and 2 x 1200 watt speakers, that way i can at least only listen to the mp3 and not get drowned out by the engine noise.

Got mine this morning, its a funky little thing and I was pleasantly surprised at the speaker quality for such a small speaker.
Your right about the radio its pants but the line out to my phone (music) will be well handy :smiley: Also the micro sd card slot.
Cheers for the heads up :wink:

Or the elf http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H3NKEL2/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 £30 charges by usb and connect via wire or bluetooth from your phone and also answer calls hands free

Got mine today.I agree that for the size, the speaker is impressive.
The radio can be improved by plugging a wire into the Line In, this acts as an arial, the longer the better.

It’s nice knowing that I have a backup in my bag now though, as my iPad has enough music on it to keep me happy, and this little speaker is certainly not bad for the price.

Glad others have found it useful. Only moan I have is the on switch is easily turned on which is nuisance

Flashing light is a bit ott but you can turn it off

truckyboy:
Dont you know its illegal not to have a radio fitted, refuse to take it out :laughing:

what if the radios fitted but it dont work

midlifetrucker:
Flashing light is a bit ott but you can turn it off

Ok, how? The instructions say to hold down menu to do this (I think from memory). This doesn’t seem to stop it flashing on mine, it maybe slows it down a bit, couldn’t really tell.

If you hold the first button fir a couple of seconds it stops. Hold it too long it starts again

midlifetrucker:
If you hold the first button fir a couple of seconds it stops. Hold it too long it starts again

Got it, thanks. On mine, it’s the play button you hold, 2nd one in, not the menu button as the instructions say.
Anyway, it’s still cool…