Great job as always, Norfolk police!

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-62914699

I was wondering why it was closed by police last night, there you go. This follows up another closure (Same road, slightly different place) a couple months back where a driver who was being chased by them crashed and died. All in all try not to ■■■■ them off if you’re in that area, chances for a good outcome for you are slim guilty or not :grimacing:

Thats terrible.

Article doesn’t say much really.
The police obv had a reason for stopping said cars they don’t just stop cars for no reason.
Maybe driver pulled over and hoped to do a run er but ended up being knocked over?
Article is very vauge to be honest

Your description sounds a bit judgemental.Do you know all the facts of the case?
Im sure the officers wouldnt delibratley put the driver in harms way

Sploom:
Your description sounds a bit judgemental.Do you know all the facts of the case?
Im sure the officers wouldnt delibratley put the driver in harms way

Maybe, although I’ve often seen cars pulled over in very stupid positions and police cars often pulled in front of their vehicle not behind for what appears to be regular stops. Maybe this is on the off chance that they might speed off.

Generally speaking, unless there is a safe place to stop I am not stopping.

Tragic, but that’s life,.■■■■ happens.
I’ve always dreaded being pulled over by Old Bill.and asked to sit in back of car on hard shoulder…especially when it’s the Police themselves who advise you not to sit in a broken down car there. :unamused:
It may cause a bit of ag, but I would politely refuse and ask them if it was ok to pull off at the next junction slip road where it would be far safer, if they declined I would still refuse, remaining polite and giving a legitimate reason…but who knows.
Ok it would more than likely ■■■■ them off., but avoiding a serious (and more than likely fatal, ) ‘run up the arse’ type scenario by some plant pot in a truck not watching his work would be my priority tbh. :neutral_face:

Anybody been asked to sit in the back of a Police car parked BEHIND your truck lately?
I know I have in the past, and went along with it…but I maybe didn’t think about stuff so deeply in those days…young and fearless. :unamused:

robroy:
Anybody been asked to sit in the back of a Police car parked BEHIND your truck lately

In my (admittedly limited) experience of being pulled by the police whilst in a lorry I’ve NEVER Thad the old bill behind me, always in front. I got pulled in the 90’s when the cop stated that I made a better crash cushion than him! Fair point I thought.