Great Bear (salford)

Anyone with upto date Intel at this lot? As the agency can sell it with false promises, what is the actual work like, is it backdoor tips or sidetips, self tips? Tar.

…And “Wots the hourly rate both for full timers compared to agency there”? :neutral_face:

Alfa1M:
Anyone with upto date Intel at this lot? As the agency can sell it with false promises, what is the actual work like, is it backdoor tips or sidetips, self tips? Tar.

It’s all general work side tip back door tip your worked to the max and there chasing you all day forward facing cameras and nights out

Flat salary. The salary is pretty good but don’t believe a word when they say its 10hrs a day, it’s the usual “swings & roundabouts” set up drivers never win with in salaried jobs on general haulage.

Thanks, the cameras are a no.

Wouldn’t work for them on their payroll given what their offering.

They could try giving me more than 50 hours me and agency agreed to but easy to move on in current climate.

Was more bothered about lugging cages off the back tbh.

rob22888:
Flat salary. The salary is pretty good .

Not the job advert for them I saw. Great Bear now part of Culina.

£33,920 pa + £2,000 pa - premium when working nights
Thursday - Monday (days or nights available) 55hrs per week.

For the 55hrs salary for the Thursday to Monday shift which includes Saturday and Sunday it works out at £11.86/hr.

OT paid at £13.50ph

That should be what the flat hourly rate works out for at the very minimum when you’re including weekend work, not £11.86/hr.

Still it explains why their drivers job section of their website has dozens of vacancies.

£17 on agency PAYE…

Alfa1M:
£17 on agency PAYE…

I guess Culina group which now include Great Bear, Stobarts, Warrens and Fowler Welshski, is going to continue the fine tradition that Stobarts did of having the majority of a shift being agency.

If they offered full timers say, £16ph - they’d fill all vacancies advertized in no time flat…
Instead, they opt to pay £17ph for as long as Agencies continue to exist now, which if that is “Forever” means they’ll be paying at least £17ph forever, when they could have locked in £16ph for at least the next year, snapping up those drivers looking for jobs - that won’t be looking any further a year from now… OR agencies will be done by that point - when £17ph won’t even get you an agency driver any longer… Loads of work, and no way to get it done. Firm folds.