Grantown on spey a95

hi peeps do any one know of overnight parking in grantown on spey

as i might have to spend the night there next week
am hoping to get the job finished and run back to elgin or some where but thought i’d ask just in case

cheers in advance

If youve got time theres a lorry park (free) in Keith. at end of village on left if youre heading for Aberdeen

Otherwise theres a big layby outside grantown or another between Rothes and Elgin (good chippy apparantly in Rothes according to one of our drivers)

seen wagons parked behind McDs in Elgin

Lucky devil. Wish i could go up there.

cheers toowise

wouldnt park in the truckpark in keith for all the tea in china

i had a misspent youth in and around keith and huntly and i know the area

and if it comes to that i could always run across to me ma and dad it only about an hour from keith

yes i can report the chipper in rothes is really good

but if we cant get the job compleated i would have to stay in grantown
am in a 7.5 tonner so shouldnt have much problem getting parked but just thought id ask

Used to be able to park near the council depot on the industrial estate at the Aviemore end of Grantown.Don’t know if you still can,been a couple of years since I was up there.Believe it’s still signposted for truck parking,I think.Don’t normally take a lot of notice :blush: :blush:
If not,there’s a largish layby on the bypass down by the river.10-15min walk into town on a dark road.
There’s also a small business park just over the river,first turn right over the bridge.Plenty of space and very quiet.

Driveroneuk:
Lucky devil. Wish i could go up there.

You have to turn LEFT onto the M6 and keep going till youre tired you wont be far off then :laughing: :laughing:

You could always park in Cromdale.
Just through the traffic lights theres a car park on the left hand side.

And its opposite a pub… :smiley:

if you are heading south into grantown,when you hit the high street,halfway down on right is an ace chippy,keep going at the end of the high street,signposted lorry park to right on industrial estate.or…
approx 1 mile you come to roundabout,if you go left(right goes to a9),there are two ace big laybyes next to the river which are beautiful in summer.
hope it helps
ps there are plenty of shops open till late on the wide high street,parking for a few mins is no problem.