Grandfather Rights C1 Licence and CPC

Apologies if this has been asked before but getting so much conflicting info out there.

I start a new job on monday as a fuel sales adminstrator/warehouse person for a company which delivers heating oil. The company does have its own rigid and artic tankers but they also have a small 3.5 t type flatbed that they use to drop occasional small items out to someones house/business. Been told that even tho i am predominantly office based as administator, 85% of time maybe in office, 12% warehouse and 3% driving,that i might be expected to do very occasional small delivery.

Now i passed my car test in 1993. Got a digi tacho card few years ago, so no problem there (was thinking about going selfemployed but fell through). Do i have to do initial cpc and modules or is my only option the 35 hours in a classroom before i get my first cpc card and then do i then have 5 years from that point to get the 35 hours in again.

Thanks for taking time to read this. Any advice appreciated. Tom

You can achieve driver cpc by EITHER taking Mod 2 and Mod 4 (case study theory test and practical demonstration test) OR by completing 35 hours.

You need do nothing for the 3.5 tonner as it is outside the scope of driver cpc, tacho, O licence etc etc.

I suggest you seek advice from Diesel Dave on the ADR aspects of your proposed work.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Remember that when you do any driving under EU tacho regs all the other work must also be recorded

If doing so little driving under the regs then your best bet might be to do a manual print out for the other work on the days you drive and keep a diary for other non driving days

I would choose to do the 35 hours to get first DQC then you need to complete another 35 hours during the next 5 years to keep the DQC valid without a break

Pete and Rog

Thanks for taking the time to answer my query. I seen the van yesterday when was in for interview and i think it was ford flatbed and had a pallet of adblue on it. i assume if the total weight of the unladen van and the pallet combined is less than 3500 kg then i dont need cpc. however if digi tacho fitted, got a card and ill contact the member you mentioned about the adr side.

Thanks again. Tom

bigtam121:
Pete and Rog

Thanks for taking the time to answer my query. I seen the van yesterday when was in for interview and i think it was ford flatbed and had a pallet of adblue on it. i assume if the total weight of the unladen van and the pallet combined is less than 3500 kg then i dont need cpc. however if digi tacho fitted, got a card and ill contact the member you mentioned about the adr side.

Thanks again. Tom

Licences and vehicles go on the plated GVW not the actual weight (exception being those with more than 9 seats in total = PCV)

Thanks Rog