Gran Buffet Cambrils

welshboyinspain:
just spoken to ben about his comments on the red lion mark and he says the only reason its busy is the 21 year old daughter of the owner being fit plus 2 or 3 other young ladies who work there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
typical ben never mind the food the waitress is fit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the red lion is now run by some indian or pakistani family.

britladinspain:

welshboyinspain:
just spoken to ben about his comments on the red lion mark and he says the only reason its busy is the 21 year old daughter of the owner being fit plus 2 or 3 other young ladies who work there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
typical ben never mind the food the waitress is fit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

never mind laughing fella photographic evidence is required :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Remember it well…Im parked in Northampton with a Spanish Truck with a brit driver at the moment in the super sausage…

Is the buffet at Altafulla still going? Imho it was always better food & cleaner showers there than Cambrils & less hassle with cabs being broken into whilst you were out. Mind you I haven’t been to either since '01 :unamused:

remmember stopping there on a sunday lunch time heading to fords valencia sparrows in the fridge by the counter on display olives and nuts with your beer lookie lookie men outside and noisy fruit machines
but that was nearly 20 years ago

on one occasion i carried on heading south and stopped at the german owned cafe on the right a lot of swiss parked there heading to morrocco fleisch salat served in a massive bowl schnitzel covering the whole dinner plate

Stayed overnight at Cambrils years ago - they had a mystic pharaoh fortune teller machine outside the front door that woke me up at regular intervals with its mystic sound track. Only stopped once at the Germans ,it was like a private club - for Germans.

harry:
Stayed overnight at Cambrils years ago - they had a mystic pharaoh fortune teller machine outside the front door that woke me up at regular intervals with its mystic sound track. Only stopped once at the Germans ,it was like a private club - for Germans.

same here harry only stopped ther once and i think the geezer thought i was a eric with my blond hair blue eyes
and grunts an broken german plus written on the location freight tilts was transporte internatiolnale

FLIP:
Is the buffet at Altafulla still going? Imho it was always better food & cleaner showers there than Cambrils & less hassle with cabs being broken into whilst you were out. Mind you I haven’t been to either since '01 :unamused:

they’ve built a new road now that misses out that stretch of the old N340 so i haven’t been past there in years.
the showers in cambrils are spot on now maybe they’ve been improved in 10 years :laughing: :laughing: as for the cab break ins i don’t know of any of ours getting broken into but thats not exactly a wide section of the trucking population :laughing: :laughing:

fred kelly:

harry:

same here harry only stopped ther once and i think the geezer thought i was a eric with my blond hair blue eyes
and grunts an broken german plus written on the location freight tilts was transporte internatiolnale

I was driving a Swiss wagon+drag so the whole episode was in who-is-spy-in-the-camp German. I had stepped out of Sunny Spain into Chilly Schwartzwald Land.

Any relation to Fred on Roba, Harlow?

harry:

fred kelly:

harry:

I was driving a Swiss wagon+drag so the whole episode was in who-is-spy-in-the-camp German. I had stepped out of Sunny Spain into Chilly Schwartzwald Land.

Any relation to Fred on Roba, Harlow?

do you mean freddie gilbey little legs no not related but i worked at robas from june 1983 to feb 1987
and at location freight from feb 87 to jan 92

not been for years but was always 1st class…

welshboyinspain:
this is a one off place but there are other buffet places throughout spain, mainly in seaside resorts its popular with the spanish, the brits don’t usually entertain such “foreign crap food” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was always left with the impression there was another “Gran Buffet” as well as this one owned by the same proprietor, but I could be mistaken. They did always have the card of another one at the till, I can’t find one in my old “truckers stuff box” but I am sure there was one. they have a web site for Cambrils here granbuffetcambrils.com/html/principal.php

Brilliant place to eat, fair old walk to beach though if staying the weekend

Yes, Freddy Gilbey -the managements best friend -according to Fred.
The story was - a bloke in a routiers told me- that the boss of Roba UK wanted a divorce so arranged for Fred to be caught in bed with the wife by a man with a camera. It all went well & party divorced so then Fred became bomb
-proof & would ride rough shod over everyone & pick all his jobs. It is probably just a story. He was such a kind man with a good word for everyone-LOL!

Stopped in Grand Cafe last monday for lunch, access from the south is restricted to 10 m trucks due to roadworks but is fully open from the northern approach.

An excellent lunch, was full of locals and coach parties, doing good business.

Lovely!

Good value for money,as said,it is a long walk to the beach,club opposite for night time entertainment!! :blush:

I could never understand people eating at the bar, it nearly always cost more than going in for the buffet and you only got one plate of food, and on top of that you had to buy your drink as well while it was free in the buffet!

One menu there is enough for a week,the open fire grill,in the corner,you choose your meat or fish to be grilled in front of you,imagine that in UK MSA.!!

The last time I was there it had grown a fuel station , I remember it without the fuel and a gravel parking