Graham Cordiner

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Graham Cordiner? Some twenty-odd years ago he lived in Peterhead and owned a Scania 143(?) which was decorated in a Caribbean theme and was the stretched-cab version at that time. He used to travel between Perterhead and the Nestle depot in Edmonton, North London with loads of Branston pickle which was made in an outsourced factory in Peterhead. I seem to remember he did two trips a week and the pallets of pickle were topped off with granite headstones from Aberdeeen which he delivered to a memorial company in north London. I think also that one of his tautliners bore the logo of one of the northern truckstops.
I hope to be doing another self-drive around Scotland next year and wondered if Graham was still living in the Peterhead area so I could make a call on him. When I knew Graham I was driving for a haulage company based in Edmonton and we used to load regularly in the local Nestle depot.
Any news would be much appreciated.

Hi formertrucker, Graham Cordiner I seem to recall lost his main contract when Crosse&Blackwells factory closed at Peterhead in the late '90s, I could be wrong, he has been mentioned on one or two threads on here. Just googled him and found this buchanobserver.co.uk/news/lo … -1-2326877 in a business partnership with George MacIntosh namely Macs Tyres.
hope this helps.
Oily

Thank you for that, oiltreader, when I get up to Peterhead I’ll try to look him up.