Grab driver

:sunglasses:

busyboy:
This is a question to all grab drivers. I’m thinking of selling my grab here in Ireland and going back to England and driving for a company. (work over here is dire). I’m just wondering what the going rate is in England for a grab driver? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. P.s. i’ve 16yrs experience in the
utility game, both in the UK and ireland.

Hi mate, ive been on the Grab now since 2005, but been in the reinstating for 14 years, but now as part of a reinstatement team within the water/Gas utility sector etc.
Here in south london i think most of the reinstatement firms are paying Grab drivers between £100 & £130’s a day, other firms pay less but will pay overtime/extra at weekends etc. We are on £150 a day but are self employed, and we get no extra for weekends or nights either so it vary’s on what your after.Ive always found they pay more in the reinstating game as part of a 3 man gang, rather than just muck away etc. I did see an advert on the jobcentre website last week wanting
a grab driver for a firm called Lynch grabhire at there london branch. Here’s a link to there website mate if your interested: l-lynch.com/grab.html.
All the Best mate, :wink:

Wayne.

busyboy:
Howya Kenno,
I saw that job on the net last month and emailed them my cv, but i think i may have missed out on it, as it was also in the sun, so its probably gone now. But thanks very much for replying to my post. just testing the water before i make the decision to jump. Thanks again and a very Happy New Year to you.

Yeah its all C.V’S everywhere now! No problem mate, if and when you do decide send us a pm and i might be able to give you some contact numbers i have.
Just out of curiousity mate, what part of ireland you in?
Good Luck mate.

:smiley: :laughing:

Hi Busyboy.

Sorry to see hear your troubles!

Grab hire very poor in the UK and getting worse by the week or should i say by the day ,this weather just does not help ,weve had a frozen week or so before xmas so couldnt do anything then a week or so off over xmas then back to work on 4thJan and can hardly get a digger bucket in the ground!

It seems that this weather is the “Icing on the cake” in the fact that many builders who were thinking about going “bankrupt” will go bankrupt now,if this cold spell goes on many more days which it look like it is! Dont forget we have the recession as well,as if we could!

So even more Grab and tipper lorrys up for sale im afraid,we were going to purchase a 32 ton grab in November 09 but decided to hold off ,glad we did because by late winter2010 they will have to give them away! Have you seen how many 8x4 tippers for sale at the moment?

As for wages for a tipper /grab driver an experienced driver who can bring in that extra job /hire by using his own initiative etc would be on £13 -£14 per hour and parked up in the yard every night by five,nice job!

Hope it all turns out good for you but as i said firms are going down like “Nine Pins” over here and despite what that [zb] Brown says “Its definately getting worse”

Sorry about the doom and gloom but thats how it is now and for a very long time!

trickydicky

Tricky Dicky:
Hi Busyboy.

Sorry to see hear your troubles!

Grab hire very poor in the UK and getting worse by the week or should i say by the day ,this weather just does not help ,weve had a frozen week or so before xmas so couldnt do anything then a week or so off over xmas then back to work on 4thJan and can hardly get a digger bucket in the ground!

It seems that this weather is the “Icing on the cake” in the fact that many builders who were thinking about going “bankrupt” will go bankrupt now,if this cold spell goes on many more days which it look like it is! Dont forget we have the recession as well,as if we could!

So even more Grab and tipper lorrys up for sale im afraid,we were going to purchase a 32 ton grab in November 09 but decided to hold off ,glad we did because by late winter2010 they will have to give them away! Have you seen how many 8x4 tippers for sale at the moment?

As for wages for a tipper /grab driver an experienced driver who can bring in that extra job /hire by using his own initiative etc would be on £13 -£14 per hour and parked up in the yard every night by five,nice job!

Hope it all turns out good for you but as i said firms are going down like “Nine Pins” over here and despite what that [zb] Brown says “Its definately getting worse”

Sorry about the doom and gloom but thats how it is now and for a very long time!

trickydicky

Spot on trickydicky, every ■■■■ and his dog has a grab here in the East Midlands, and, a hell of a lot of them are parked up, OR, scratching a very poor living cutting each others throats.

Most of my builder mates are sitting at home worried stiff, and, failing to sell their vans to stay a float, those that have work cannot get anything done, as the weather has seen to that. The banks will not help, so the “nine pins” syndrome will gather pace :frowning:

My man has just bought a new 8x4 Daf Grab/tipper and its flat out at the moment! He’s just got another 5 year contract too and is looking to buy another one soon.
Sounds pretty bad Up your neck of the wood’s Lad’s!! :astonished:

kenno78:
My man has just bought a new 8x4 Daf Grab/tipper and its flat out at the moment! He’s just got another 5 year contract too and is looking to buy another one soon.

He will need a driver soon then ■■?

Life is a bit different in the capital at the best of times, especially with the olympics coming up, + your holes need filling quicker or the bloody place comes to a standstill :unamused:

Closed shop aswell innit PADDY :unamused: :laughing: :unamused: :laughing: :unamused: :laughing: :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:

kenno78:

He will need a driver soon then ■■?

Life is a bit different in the capital at the best of times, especially with the olympics coming up, + your holes need filling quicker or the bloody place comes to a standstill :unamused:

Closed shop aswell innit PADDY :unamused: :laughing: :unamused: :laughing: :unamused: :laughing: :unamused:

I couldnt Agree more mate! :wink:

Re the weather! 1964

My ole man was some sort of builder ,muck away ,etc. Im talkin about in 1964 , im only 9 at the time but it was the year my ole man and my ole Doris got divorced!!

Why ■■ because he Pi$$ed her off so much by being at home all the time!!

Reason for being at home; Jan 1964 to late March 1964 UK was frozen no let up for 3 + months , frost went into the ground 4ft deep, it snowed constantly, but true British spirit got us through as everyone helped each other in them days!

Nowadays if we are all Bolluxed with an inch of snow !

So it doesnt look good in the building industry at the moment anyway with the recession but the weather is something else and the very last thing we need at the moment is a prolonged bad winter!

Some Plant hire / haulage firms here say another week of this and they are finished!!

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Enterprise is a major UK support services company that operates day and night maintaining the country’s infrastructures and the result we achieve are important to the lives of everyone. These are exciting times for Enterprise, with turnover accelerating to over 1.2 billion due to recent acquisitions and growth. As a result of this expansion Enterprise Recruitment Services are now recruiting for the following: Grab Driver HGV1 with Hiab experience to work on one of our water contracts in Nottingham. You will ideally have utilities background but this is not essential. You will be working 50 hrs a week which will include early and late shifts. There will be paid overtime available.

driver_10:
Enterprise is a major UK support services company that operates day and night maintaining the country’s infrastructures and the result we achieve are important to the lives of everyone. These are exciting times for Enterprise, with turnover accelerating to over 1.2 billion due to recent acquisitions and growth. As a result of this expansion Enterprise Recruitment Services are now recruiting for the following: Grab Driver HGV1 with Hiab experience to work on one of our water contracts in Nottingham. You will ideally have utilities background but this is not essential. You will be working 50 hrs a week which will include early and late shifts. There will be paid overtime available.

that looks very close to an advert :wink: It might be a good idea for you to check our rules on adverts when you have a spare 5 minutes :exclamation: