Gov't funding proposal

I have been reading about the Gov’t looking at the " so called driver shortage " and their proposal to fund this. Driver shortage. Where is this Driver Shortage ? Apart from Agency’s I do not see any evidence of it.
When I look at the job centre website their are very few Companies looking for fulltime drivers. It seems this is being fronted my AGENCY’'S. Up here in Central Scotland the usual suspects are always advertising e.g agency’s advertising NON existent work. Their is one that put on the website because it is free. They put up 30+ every other day. When you call about a specific one all they want is to get you in to their office and sign you up. Do they get a fee from Cameron for signing you up ?
Another thing when you look at the Jobcentre site to the unsuspecting eye you would thing their were tons of LGV jobs, take the non existing agency ones and their is ZILCH. But the Gov’t says their are loads of driving jobs and this brings me back to WHERE ARE THESE FULLTIME JOBS? So it looks like they want to saturate THE MARKET and take us back years.
I would like to know where the Driver shortage is.

The Government work to 10 year plans. The majority of drivers are currently between 55-65 (70%) So within the next 10 years the industry will be in crisis, hence the panic.

I very much doubt the government will give us drivers the chance to hold them to ransom.

All they will do is get those muppets who sit on their arse all day and give them training and get them passed. To be honest, I’d take Johnny Foreigner over some dosser any day.

Radar19:
All they will do is get those muppets who sit on their arse all day and give them training and get them passed. To be honest, I’d take Johnny Foreigner over some dosser any day.

Oh how I love that term dole dosser…Im sure if you called a guy lets say for argument sake, worked for 20 odd years and has just been made redundant / put out of work and is struggling to find a job due either being over qualified or due to the lack of skills, unable to re-train due to simple fact that job centres aren’t assisting with much funding these days …Id say he’d pretty sure he’d put ya lights out…

Todays dole dossers are generally speaking the youth of today who still live with mommy, arrogant,lazy ■■■■■ that believe if they don’t want to work then the state should pay for them… they still got to have money for ■■■■ & booze…
Oh but wait I hear you say… funny on how the government seems to have this bottomless pot of money for people that are under 25’s to pay for training, after that your considered past it and not worth the expenditure

End of the day the system needs changing …I say bring back national service, but that would be cruel…those that want to work of any age, give them funding to re-train…those that don’t, simple stop the benefits… and as for Johnny Foreigner, I got no issue with them working here if theres a labour shortage i.e. like Canada& Australia but those wishing to come here don’t expect the UK system to pay for it, them or you family that come to

explorer1234:
I have been reading about the Gov’t looking at the " so called driver shortage " and their proposal to fund this. Driver shortage. Where is this Driver Shortage ? Apart from Agency’s I do not see any evidence of it.
When I look at the job centre website their are very few Companies looking for fulltime drivers. It seems this is being fronted my AGENCY’'S. Up here in Central Scotland the usual suspects are always advertising e.g agency’s advertising NON existent work. Their is one that put on the website because it is free. They put up 30+ every other day. When you call about a specific one all they want is to get you in to their office and sign you up. Do they get a fee from Cameron for signing you up ?
Another thing when you look at the Jobcentre site to the unsuspecting eye you would thing their were tons of LGV jobs, take the non existing agency ones and their is ZILCH. But the Gov’t says their are loads of driving jobs and this brings me back to WHERE ARE THESE FULLTIME JOBS? So it looks like they want to saturate THE MARKET and take us back years.
I would like to know where the Driver shortage is.

Non existent work in central Scotland? You must be working for the wrong agencies. I am working exclusively on one contract just now and I am consistently working a 5 day week and now the 2 other agencies that I work for are chasing me with work that I couldn’t take on if I wanted to. There is a demand in central scotland and has been for some time now and it is unlikely to tail off any time soon

I think its a case of be careful what you wish for - the government are more likely to just relax the cabotage rules, similar to the car transporters at peak delivery times.

explorer1234:
It seems this is being fronted my AGENCY’'S. Up here in Central Scotland the usual suspects are always advertising e.g agency’s advertising NON existent work.

Agencies around me can’t fill the jobs they have. Bloke I work for is regularly at least one driver short.

Swampey2418:

Radar19:

Oh how I love that term dole dosser…Im sure if you called a guy lets say for argument sake, worked for 20 odd years and has just been made redundant / put out of work and is struggling to find a job due either being over qualified or due to the lack of skills, unable to re-train due to simple fact that job centres aren’t assisting with much funding these days …Id say he’d pretty sure he’d put ya lights out…

Todays dole dossers are generally speaking the youth of today who still live with mommy, arrogant,lazy [zb] that believe if they don’t want to work then the state should pay for them… they still got to have money for ■■■■ & booze…
Oh but wait I hear you say… funny on how the government seems to have this bottomless pot of money for people that are under 25’s to pay for training, after that your considered past it and not worth the expenditure

End of the day the system needs changing …I say bring back national service, but that would be cruel…those that want to work of any age, give them funding to re-train…those that don’t, simple stop the benefits… and as for Johnny Foreigner, I got no issue with them working here if theres a labour shortage i.e. like Canada& Australia but those wishing to come here don’t expect the UK system to pay for it, them or you family that come to

I’m not talking about the people who have been made redundant or whatever, I know whats like to be out of work and how soul destroying it is to be going to the job centre every Tuesday. I did a placement with a guy who was a welder for 15 years before the company he worked for went belly up.

I’m talking about the people who have no intention of finding work, the ones who seem to have all the training thrown at them yet they still would rather sit around and watch Jezza Kyle during the day while the ex welder is stacking shelves in Tesco.

I know whats like to be out of work and how soul destroying it is to be going to the job centre every Tuesday. I did a placement with a guy who was a welder for 15 years before the company he worked for went belly up.

Been there, got the t-shirt and its not just soul destroying, most people that have been loyal to one company for years feel its like a bereavement and go though the motions of anxiety & depression.

I’m not talking about the people who have been made redundant or whatever, I know whats like to be out of work and how soul destroying it is to be going to the job centre every Tuesday. I did a placement with a guy who was a welder for 15 years before the company he worked for went belly up.

I had a mate that is a qualified plumber who was made redundant after 13 years, yet the job centre where only interested in getting him into a job, didn’t matter what job, but a job and when the didn’t apply for enough jobs, they sanction him for not trying hard enough… yet over one 2 week period there where only five jobs advertised for qualified plumbers… just shows how screwed the system really is
Seems to be a few newbies knocking about on here, that are getting redundancy packages and don’t like the fact of being told to use some of it for re-training, think there entitled to the help from the job centre / social fun … try giving them help plus a dose of reality and because they don’t like the picture thats being painted they get all arse holes.
[/quote]
I’m talking about the people who have no intention of finding work, the ones who seem to have all the training thrown at them yet they still would rather sit around and watch Jezza Kyle during the day while the ex welder is stacking shelves in Tesco.
[/quote]
Simple thing to do is stop there benefits