Government survey?

Got told on Friday I have to take part in (or my vehicle has to take part in) a government survey. I asked if the government was paying me to work for them and was told no so I asked the boss to pass a message on to the government and tell them to stick their survey where the sun don’t shine! He said you will be prosecuted for not taking part so I pointed out that HE would be prosecuted not me! We have now come to an agreement (thats the boss and me not the government and me)-I will make a note of all my mileage this week and he will fill out the form. Lets hope I remember to make a note of the mileage when I stop then eh!!!
Anyone else on here have to take part in this before?

bristolron:
Got told on Friday I have to take part in (or my vehicle has to take part in) a government survey. I asked if the government was paying me to work for them and was told no so I asked the boss to pass a message on to the government and tell them to stick their survey where the sun don’t shine! He said you will be prosecuted for not taking part so I pointed out that HE would be prosecuted not me! We have now come to an agreement (thats the boss and me not the government and me)-I will make a note of all my mileage this week and he will fill out the form. Lets hope I remember to make a note of the mileage when I stop then eh!!!
Anyone else on here have to take part in this before?

I must have completed hundreds of these survey forms over the years, questions about where you are travelling to, from, weight carried, type of goods etc etc
apparently this info is used by the govt to decide upon new road building etc
it aint nothing to get stressed over fella

green456:
‘…it aint nothing to get stressed over fella…’

Perhaps not, but just as a thought it possibly indicates that many of us notice others getting tittsed-off being at the bottom of the food chain being taken for mugs for niff-naff & nonsense?

Also, aren’t these larks often by a succession of UK Governments covertly going balls-out to alienate our workplaces because foreigners say so & doing knack-all for any real welfare benefit of UK fellas, etc, etc?

Don’t worry I don’t do stress!
I just think its a load of tosh.
I hate surveys and usually give wrong answers.
I went to a bulding site recently and the guy on the gate wanted all the usual info but he also had to fill out where I had come from and where I was going to! Told him I had come from Iceland and that i was going to Greece. He did not believe me but as that was all the info he was getting he had to put it down. Sure buggered up the companies statistics though!!!

In thte last ten years that I have been running by small, but innovative business, the Govt. have requested that I take part in a survey with them 3 times…Each time I have told them I will not, as they could not adequately answer the questions that I had about how they were going to secure the information, the reason for the suvey and what they intended to do with the information overall, each time they said it was the law and I had to comply, they could not tell me which law and as yet, they have not prosecuted me.
I don`t trust the Govt. Therefore will not participate.