Government support

Hi, in a nutshell before I fund myself, I work full time currently office job, I receive £0 benefits, I own my own home. Do I qualify for any sort of financial help or government schemes for new drivers to learn or am I paying the £4k etc?? I want to know before I crack on.

Thank you

I think you might qualify as it’s training you get , not money. But it won’t be easy, you’ll need to find out all the information yourself rather than spoon fed because you’re paying for it. The other route is employers have schemes where they Commit you to 2 years working for them in return for them training you.
If you do pay for it yourself, You might end up in the position of not finding work because you have no experience, the only option is signing up to an agency for the chance of work, would you be willing to give up your full time job in the hope of agency shifts? So an employer scheme is attractive in that sense.
There’s at least one thread in here of someone doing it through the govt training in the past year if you search for it.

Need to move this thread from old-time to newbies

I don’t think there’s any funding available from HM Govt for individuals who are already in full time employment. The goalposts shift somewhat in the event of impending (or actual) redundancy, or if you’re out of work long term.