Got wind?

Seen today on the matrix signs the A66 closed to high sided vehicles, now parked up with the wind rocking me to sleep. Tis this the start of the windy season?

Radar19:
Tis this the start of the windy season?

A change in diet may help… :wink:

One of the reason I like tippers, is that the weather doesn’t affect them much,… well apart from digging them out the mud. :confused:

That’s the trouble with the A66, as soon a someone lets off a decent sized ■■■■ they close it. I by passed it & came over the A69 with an empty double deck trailer with no problem other than a little rock & roll.

BillyHunt:
That’s the trouble with the A66, as soon a someone lets off a decent sized ■■■■ they close it. I by passed it & came over the A69 with an empty double deck trailer with no problem other than a little rock & roll.

so at least we know the Scania pulling the empty double decker that had blown off the A66 and landed in the farmers field wasn’t you then , I would imagine it took a bit more than a ■■■■ to blow him off the road :wink:

Great. Headin up too ■■■■■■■■■■■ tomorrow 5am with a decker on. Hope it dies down. My arse will be chewing the cushion big time.

Think you had better look forward to a fair old cross wind all the way in that case, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Looks like ill have fun at the shap later according to the winds. Anyone been up and down it today?

H4L:
Looks like ill have fun at the shap later according to the winds. Anyone been up and down it today?

Not today but did last night going to Lockerbie and back, returning from Lockerbie with an empty trailer. That was interesting.

Always gets me though. We can’t go across the A66 where it would’ve been a headwind over the highest part last night, the exposed part which is only a few miles long, but we can go up the M6 where it’ll be a crosswind and where the exposed part over Shap from J38 truckstop to the drop down to Penrith is far longer than it is on the A66.

up to Eurocentral this morning bit blowy. Southbound there was concrete mixer hanging over the railway line near the gritter depot at Elvanfoot, don’t think it was anything to do with the wind though. Lucky driver that it didn’t land on the main West coast line, just hanging onto the hard shoulder by one wheel :open_mouth: I suspect replacement undies may be required.

chaversdad:

BillyHunt:

so at least we know the Scania pulling the empty double decker that had blown off the A66 and landed in the farmers field wasn’t you then , I would imagine it took a bit more than a ■■■■ to blow him off the road :wink:

Firstly you wouldn’t catch me in a scania, and secondly you’ve obviously never heard one of my ■■■■■ :blush:

often have to sit for hours as to windy for tower crane to operate

was till 2Pm in Bed,coffee then and Laundry. Laundry was dryed by Wind more quick as Sun would have

Conor:

Always gets me though. We can’t go across the A66 where it would’ve been a headwind over the highest part last night, the exposed part which is only a few miles long, but we can go up the M6 where it’ll be a crosswind and where the exposed part over Shap from J38 truckstop to the drop down to Penrith is far longer than it is on the A66.

It wasnt a head wind at Stainmore it was coming straight across , i couldnt put my wipers on until i got closer to Penrith as they kept blowing off the screen !

yeah,i got wind,side affects of blood pressure tablets,lol

I wish that there was some official guidance on the wind and HGV.

You drive over shap
Get blown over
Cause a serious life threatening injury.
Close the motorway
Cause disruption
And your called an idiot.

Don’t drive in the wind
And your called a wimp.

Rather than feel the wrath off the TM, I wish that highway agency could take that decision off me and put a no HGV on the matrix.

It’s not just skill it’s luck and a series of events that make the difference between staying up right or in a ditch

■■■■■■00:
I wish that there was some official guidance on the wind and HGV.

You drive over shap
Get blown over
Cause a serious life threatening injury.
Close the motorway
Cause disruption
And your called an idiot.

Don’t drive in the wind
And your called a wimp.

Rather than feel the wrath off the TM, I wish that highway agency could take that decision off me and put a no HGV on the matrix.

It’s not just skill it’s luck and a series of events that make the difference between staying up right or in a ditch

You shouldn’t be scared of your TM. Who cares if X drivers does it, if you feel like its going over then get off the road and wait till it dies down.